I have to remove the rear diff cover, AGAIN!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I have to remove the rear diff cover, AGAIN!!!

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have to remove the rear diff cover, AGAIN!!!

Last weekend I changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, t-case fluid, and the fluid in the diffs. I had to remove the rear diff cover as it had been seeping oil for some time now (I had smacked in on a rock or two). Well I pulled it off and cleaned it up, inspected the internals, washed it out with some Brake Kleen, sealed it with RTV and put her all back together. Now I have to do this all over AGAIN! ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! The fluid MAYBE has 300 miles!? And now I have to change it again! Gah!!!!!!

So, the reason I had to take the rear diff cover back off is because some JERK at 4WP just happened to have a really awesome Riddler diff cover for a Dana 44. He just HAPPENED to have a lubelocker to go with it, jerk. I just replaced my fuid in there, and because he just HAD to do his job and keep cool stuff stocked, I have to redo the work I already put in! Man, what a pain!

Annnd! The piece de resistance!

Ta Daaaa!

No one really had anything that even came CLOSE to Sunburst Orange or even Mango Tango. I tried to darken it up a bit with a basecoat of black, but I still think that it looks awesome. I also put some paint on my giant JK muffler that seems to hit everything in the world. It makes it almost disappear now when looking at the vehicle and the orange draws you to the "pumpkin"! Heh, Jake pointed out that it has my initial on it. He also suggested that my Jeep be called Simba now!

Yay! For new parts!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
tchaap
2008 JK Wrangler 

That looks awesome! I'm very jealous, my Poison Spyder did covers are on backorder.

I hope you re used your did fluid!
Unread 08-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

I refilled with RP. Seems to hold up well.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 08-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks great. I've been planning to do this front and back with some 'Surf Blue' paint from Quadratec for awhile now.

How much was the 'package'. Northridge has a Riddler front and back kit with lube lockers for $230.
Unread 08-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Love the riddler diff covers. Looks really good. Northridge4x4 has 2 with free shipping for 198 right now. Planning on getting me a set soon. Also just did m diff fluid so will have to install at a later date.
Unread 08-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
lowendrider
2011 JK Wrangler 

Came out really nice, I like it. Qtech and probably others have started carrying touch up paint. I know they have mango. No need though, looks great as is.
lowendrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibaster View Post
Looks great. I've been planning to do this front and back with some 'Surf Blue' paint from Quadratec for awhile now.

How much was the 'package'. Northridge has a Riddler front and back kit with lube lockers for $230.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
Love the riddler diff covers. Looks really good. Northridge4x4 has 2 with free shipping for 198 right now. Planning on getting me a set soon. Also just did m diff fluid so will have to install at a later date.
Those are really good prices. My cover was $110 and the lubelocker was $20. I didn't have to wait though, just went down and picked them up off the shelf. Should've shopped around

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowendrider View Post
Came out really nice, I like it. Qtech and probably others have started carrying touch up paint. I know they have mango. No need though, looks great as is.
Thanks! Yeah, in the sun it appears to match quite well as the Jeeps paint is lighter in the light and the diff is darker in the shade. Looks really good from a bit further back. When it is darker out though, the Sunburst orange turns a deep red looking color and the cover stays a bright orange. I still like the way it looks though! And it's got my initial on it.

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Anyone else see this review on the Riddler covers? LOL.

Unread 08-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

And that's all it took, lol. Very convincing.
Unread 08-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hate when people are selling cool stuff
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:08 AM   #11
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
And that's all it took, lol. Very convincing.
Yeah, i saw this video a few years ago. It was the only diff cover then that I knew of that was actually round, no over hangs or edges, and recessed hardware. I never liked the ARB one because of the lip all around it (it DOES look really cool though), which I hit and peel on the stock one already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmandryck View Post
I hate when people are selling cool stuff
I know, right? This thing is STOUT. When I first picked it up, I couldn't believe how heavy it was.

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.