I have to admit... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I have to admit...

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
FutureJK

I have to admit...

If I had the money, I'd be trading in my TJ this fall for the Unlimited JK. I have a baby on the way in December and the practicality of the 4 door would be hard to beat. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the front flare/fender things. An unlimited rubicon with a lift is going to look so good, I think it'll change some peoples' minds. It's funny to me the way everybody keeps bashing it. If a V8 comes out, I will have to have one.

Unread 06-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

I guess some people are just different. For me Jeepin is about 'froadin'. And for froadin, the 2 door JEEP, jeeps are the way to go. Not to flame you man, but they have been making 4 door 4x4's for years, thats what makes the Jeep cool, it is one of the only 2 doors left. I am young and all that though, once I have a family and a golden retriver I will be right there with all you 4 door guy sayin "how the hell did we all get so old". By this i really mean no disrespect, I am just at a point in my life when practical is hard to say let alone coneptualize. I like tiny little short Jeeps, I am totaly the kind of idiot who would buy a Samurai.

BTW, I saw your profile, Im a fellow 3,07, 35/30 guy and maybe you woud like you jeep more of you modded it like I am planning for mine, just a thought, not a flame...I have the same equip minus the lift.
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
thats what makes the Jeep cool, it is one of the only 2 doors left.
I disagree completely. Removable top? Removable doors?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
IH8MUD

The 4 door JK is just another "soccer mom" suv.
IH8MUD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
judge_schmells

Disagree as well. You can't find any other 4 door 4X4 with a removeable top and doors except maybe a land rover defender and you can't buy new ones in the US.
"Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint Club #32"
Pretty much stock for now.
judge_schmells is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
IH8MUD

Come on guys, they are going to offer a 2WD version !
That is just wrong for a Jeep.
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8MUD
Come on guys, they are going to offer a 2WD version !
That is just wrong for a Jeep.
It may be wrong, but it will sell.

The 4WD version is still going to be just as capable, if not more than the TJ. The only problems I have with it are cosmetic issues... and obviously the V6 engine.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
It may be wrong, but it will sell.

The 4WD version is still going to be just as capable, if not more than the TJ. The only problems I have with it are cosmetic issues... and obviously the V6 engine.
What do you mean, "obviously the V6 engine"? What is the obvious issue you have with it?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
IH8MUD

The I-6 is superior to the V-6 mini-van engine.
Unread 06-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8MUD
The I-6 is superior to the V-6 mini-van engine.

You hit the nail on the head for trail riding and offroading. I bet this v6 is peppyer on the road and more fun to drive on pavement.

Im sure that sct or someone, maybe edge, can do some programming for the v6 to get it up to par with the 4.0... but never in stock form

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.