I finally joined the 35" club..weird thing though - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I finally joined the 35" club..weird thing though

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes, it worked with my old tires.

Unread 05-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #17
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkill View Post
Yes, it worked with my old tires.
My TPMS alarmed as soon as I started the Jeep the first time after installing the new wheels..
What pressure is in your 35s? If the pressure is below 32# it should be alarming. Otherwise it Sounds like they put TPMS in for you then.. You may be able to tell by the valve stem.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #18
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

I havent checked the pressure in the new tires yet and i didn't even look at the valve stem yet. The tires were delivered yesterday in the pouring rain and I was so excited I put them on in a torrential downpour. My wife shook her head at me as I was out trimming my pinch seam with my cut off wheel while it was POURING and blowing wind like crazy.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

45 miles and tpm light still not on. Weird
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

What pressure are you running?
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Checked tires and they were damn near 40psi. Ride was very stiff. Dropped down to 27psi and ride was MUCH better. Drove a few miles and sure as S$&T the TPM light comes on. Swear that 4wheelparts.com installed monitors when they shipped tires and rims
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #22
pup
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkill
Checked tires and they were damn near 40psi. Ride was very stiff. Dropped down to 27psi and ride was MUCH better. Drove a few miles and sure as S$&T the TPM light comes on. Swear that 4wheelparts.com installed monitors when they shipped tires and rims
It doesn't matter if they're in there or not if you're running 27 psi. The stock system is set for 37 psi (on a Rubi at least), and the warning light comes on when any tire is below 32 I think. You need to buy something like a Procal or flashcal to set the pressure to a lower level. When I changed wheels and tires, it was cheaper to buy a flashcal and set the pressure to zero than to replace the TPMS sensors.
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
5foot19
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkill View Post
it sure sounds like they did
5foot19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup

It doesn't matter if they're in there or not if you're running 27 psi. The stock system is set for 37 psi (on a Rubi at least), and the warning light comes on when any tire is below 32 I think. You need to buy something like a Procal or flashcal to set the pressure to a lower level. When I changed wheels and tires, it was cheaper to buy a flashcal and set the pressure to zero than to replace the TPMS sensors.
Your not following. When they were @ 40psi the light wasn't on. Drive forever that way with no light. Lowered pressure to 27psi and light comes on (as I would expect for a tire with Tpm in it running that low of pressure) I did not think they installed monitors when the mounted the tires on the rims but they must have. I know I need the procal but now instead of setting to zero I can set for 27
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
murfysflaw
2011 JK Wrangler 

My 11 took a long time... I forget exactly how many days, but I think it was way more than 20 miles before it finally registered that the TPMS sensors weren't there anymore. I got excited thinking they'd installed them inadvertently too.
murfysflaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.