HyLine JK-20SRB (with tire carrier provision) Rear Bumper Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > HyLine JK-20SRB (with tire carrier provision) Rear Bumper Install

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Robula_JK
2011 JK Wrangler 

HyLine JK-20SRB (with tire carrier provision) Rear Bumper Install

Hi,

I figured I'd come in with my 2 cents on this bumper.

Ordered directly from HyLine as their shipping was most reasonable and factoring that into everything they came out to the lowest price. Plus, they were the only retailer selling the tire carrier version (drill outs) without the tire carrier as I didn't have the money for the whole shebang. Sadly, when I go to their site now, I can't find any info on the carrier any longer! Just wrote to them to se if it's still in production.

Anyway, just loosened the factory bumper bolts. Pulled that thing off. Took off the factory tow-hook, too.

Slid the L-shaped brackets with welded on nuts into the frame rails. Slid the bumper on as detailed in the instructions. Used 4 of the factory bolts to secure, plus another 4 grade 8 fasteners from HyLIne to fasten into the brackets.

Total time... 30 minutes.

I personally love it. Clears the factory receiver and has a nice clearance for the spare.

I also love when I see people thinking twice about "touch parking" around it.

Sorry for the cruddy pix, better ones to come shortly.

Robula_JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyline , install , rear bumper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.