Hydrolocked my engine with dealer plates still on... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hydrolocked my engine with dealer plates still on...

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #46
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTester View Post
To answer a few questions the water was probably not deeper than 19 inches, I didn't stop to measure after it happened. A 2wd F-150 went through just before I did and had no issues. As far as the dealer, they are sticking with the "It's not our fault" line. Yes, I did take a trail rated vehicle through a reasonable puddle at a reasonable speed, it is my fault for using an off-road vehicle...forgive me...off-road! I went all the way to the general manager showing the video and even they said it should be covered. But water in the engine, no matter what...is apparently a user error. I called my insurance company and without a blink they said they'd take care of me. They asked me to hold onto the video because it seems like something they would go after Jeep for and get me my deductible back. It's only a $100 out of pocket engine so I can't complain too much. Thank god for insurance. JK owners...buy a snorkel...even for splashes. That is going to be my first purchase as soon as I get her back. Any ideas on the "best" snorkel kit?
The case will be short lived as "owner induced" accident will be found and not a manufacturer defect.Just more $$$ down the drain making everyones insurance rates go up and the price of new vehicles to also go up.

Thank you

Unread 11-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #47
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
The case will be short lived as "owner induced" accident will be found and not a manufacturer defect.Just more $$$ down the drain making everyones insurance rates go up and the price of new vehicles to also go up.

Thank you
That was helpful. Hopefully you'll never get in an accident and use your insurance to cover the repairs. Imagine how that will raise everyones rates!! Get a grip, I doubt the OP set out to lock up his engine so he could raise the cost of insurance and new cars nationwide. Clearly he accidentally locked up the engine on his JK and now he is using his insurance that he has probably been paying on for years.

Maybe someday we'll all be perfect like you.

Thank you
Unread 11-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #48
JkFuriousd
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joevacs View Post
Unless of coarse, you happen to be selling, say, cigarettes......

Unread 11-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #49
ncb

The OP could post the video.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #50
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Video would clear all........................?s
muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #51
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

On the OP's Profile page under Jeep History he says he's "doing everything I can to test the limits every time I go out". Guess he found the limits.
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #52
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2000TJ View Post
On the OP's Profile page under Jeep History he says he's "doing everything I can to test the limits every time I go out". Guess he found the limits.
The above would also explain his user name... "JKTester"
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #53
Scooter_Trash
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
The OP could post the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttytruckster View Post
Video would clear all........................?s

Let's see the video.
Scooter_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #54
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

I know that on my first wheeling adventure with my 2010 JK 2dr Sport, I had water come over the hood a few times while out at Corbett Park and had no problems at all....
4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #55
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've done some fairly deep stream crossings before in my TJ and JK's while trying to get from point A to point B ,but to purposely drive through deep water again and again without a snorkel is asking for trouble in my opinion.
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #56
NorthRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTester View Post
I was out playing around in puddles...really nothing big at all.
Thats the exact line that anyone that has hydrolocked their engine uses.
NorthRiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #57
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZORBILL View Post
That was helpful. Hopefully you'll never get in an accident and use your insurance to cover the repairs. Imagine how that will raise everyones rates!! Get a grip, I doubt the OP set out to lock up his engine so he could raise the cost of insurance and new cars nationwide. Clearly he accidentally locked up the engine on his JK and now he is using his insurance that he has probably been paying on for years.

Maybe someday we'll all be perfect like you.

Thank you
Insurance is there for those accidents,yes and have no issue when you actually have a accendent but when your isurance company is going after Jeep over a un-winable case it's just wasted money that all of us end up paying for in the end.

This was not a accident.
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #58
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Insurance is there for those accidents,yes and have no issue when you actually have a accendent but when your isurance company is going after Jeep over a un-winable case it's just wasted money that all of us end up paying for in the end.

This was not a accident.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the op's insurance company has a pretty good set of lawyers and they will decide if it's worth it for their bottom line. The lawyers and the cost involved will determine whether or not it's "winable". I'm also gonna say that Jeep has lawyers on staff. They probably get paid whether in court or not. I'm betting this incident doesn't cost you a dime.

If it wasn't an accident than what was it? You could call it stupid I guess but like I said I'm sure it wasn't his intent to trash his engine. Most accidents on the roads are caused when someone does something "stupid". In this case the act of stupidity only damaged his vehicle.
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #59
1sportsdoc
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thank you
So if you take your Liberty off road, cave in the rear quarter, you wouldn't claim this "owner induced" accident on your auto ins?

I don't get the whole fascination with water when it comes to wheelin but, regardless, this is a good reason for why we all have insurance ... it's not fair for you to say when and why we get to use said ins.
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #60
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sportsdoc View Post
So if you take your Liberty off road, cave in the rear quarter, you wouldn't claim it on your auto ins?
No,that would be a waste of time and money as I could fix it myself for far less then my $250 deductable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.