Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How to use remote start?

79K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  2007UnlimitedNJ 
#1 ·
I just went to put the money on the new JK and was messing with the key/transmiter and low and behold, and un known by the sales guy, the jeep started!!!!!

so im assuming that it has an automatic start. Can someone tell me how to do it again?

I have emailed jeep for the build sheet, but i want to know!! LOL thanks everyone!

#3 ·
Download an owners manual if you do not have one.
The remote start works as follows:
The button with the #2 with an circle arrow around it is the button to start it.
Push it twice and it will start.
When you enter the vehicle put you key in the ignition and turn it on.
If you do not do that and step on the brake it wil shut off.
It will also shut off after a certain period of time while un-attended.

#5 ·
I downloaded the manual and there is no mention of it anywhere in the chapter about the remote or the key transmittor...

Maybe it was after market and wired to work with the factory key? is that possible?

#6 ·
Loks as if it is not factory equipped.
Aftermarket is probably what is there.

#11 ·
So i went to pick up the jeep today, and confirmed that it had remote start. I have to hit the lock key twice for 1 second within 5 seconds and it starts the truck.. there is a sticker under the hood that is a warning saying something about DEI remote start installed.

wonder if thats factory?

#12 ·
So i went to pick up the jeep today, and confirmed that it had remote start. I have to hit the lock key twice for 1 second within 5 seconds and it starts the truck.. there is a sticker under the hood that is a warning saying something about DEI remote start installed.

wonder if thats factory?
DEI is not factory.
CODE makes the ones for MOPAR.

#14 ·
Hate to add another monkey into the works...

I also have a 2007 purchased new from a then dealer... They are no longer :(

When I was messing around with the remote to turn off the horn, all locks etc., I hit some combination when I was out of the Jeep and my radio and everything turned on as if it was going to start.

I have installed remote starters in other vehicles in the past, but at the moment feel it is overkill in the Jeep for me to spend the hour to install.

Has anyone else had this funky thing happen where it seems to turn the ACC on remotely with a combination from the factory Jeep remote?

:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.