How to test a gear box... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How to test a gear box...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
adveture
2012 JK Wrangler 

How to test a gear box...

I own a 2012 Rubicon with manual gearbox. It's the third time the 4th gear won't go in.

Since its under warranty, I sent it to dealer but they said they didn't found anything wrong with the geabox...

The problem is that I can reproduce this, it happens randomly

Is there a way to test the gearbox to make this fault show up?

adveture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Another one bites the dust! I finally got the dealer to rebuild my 2012 manual trans about 11k miles. From day one it would occasionally grind into fourth, pop out of fourth, not go into fourth etc. It got progressively worse. The last time I took it in, the tech said it happened to him four times just driving around the block for a few minutes.

I know that doesn't help, but I'm positive it will get worse and worse until it happens regularly.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.