How to Setup Uconnect and Microphone - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How to Setup Uconnect and Microphone

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
crazymax

How to Setup Uconnect and Microphone

Have a 2009 Unlimited Rubicon w/ MYGIG Nav Radio.

Had a heck of a time figuring out which was the best way to setup with microphone. So here is what worked for me.

1. Purchased Mopar Unconnect Microphone Kit ($40) from Dealer. Part #82211743
2. Installed microphone. Best sound was by placing it on the bottom of the driver visor, close to the door. Ran the wiring behind all of the molding. Looks real good.
3. Downloaded RER software upgrade from <http://www.mofv.com/mygig> Without the software upgrade I didn't have the menu feature to turn on the microphone
4. Followed the software upgrade procedure from <http://www.mofv.com/mygig>
5. Enabled the microphone in the engineering menu

The microphone works great. Most people say that they can't tell I am on a speaker. Note that the first microphone didn't work, so I had to get a repclacement from the dealer.

This site <http://www.coastaletech.com/WRANGLER_INSTALL.htm> has a great demo on how to pull the radio out to plug in the micrphone. The install takes about 15 minutes and the software upgrade takes about 20 minutes.

crazymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's all we need to enable uconnect? Nothing else? I have standard radio..
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
09Sahara
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just got my new 09 Sahara, it has the Nav system, but How I tell what unit is in it, been reading and looks like it might be RER. Is all I would need for the RER would be the mike to make the Uconnect work? Would I have to take it to the dealer to have something turned on after installing the mike?

Thanks, glad to be here
dh
09Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

It is written on the bottom right of the radio face. All you need is the mic and to program it yourself. It's easy. Follow the video on this link.
http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_MICROPHONE.htm
Unread 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
09Sahara
2009 JK Wrangler 

OK Thanks for all of your help
09Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
BadTime

It is odd that you have an 09 that needed an software update to enable the microphone in the engineering menu. Makes me wonder how hit and miss Chrysler production is.

Oh yeah, and how is the sound with the top down. I have my mic on the center console and people say I sound fairly good now (since the 1.022 software update). It also maybe that I finally used the tape to hold the mic down.
BadTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.