How to replace stereo?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How to replace stereo??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
ianmedwards
2013 JK Wrangler 

How to replace stereo??

Are there any tutorials on on how to replace the stereo on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited?

ianmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Check YouTube. There should be plenty of info on that.
Here is a start:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.xuuDeL4TXb0
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

its fairly easy. I just had the whole dash apart. Not that many screws and bolts. Most of it is snap to gather. The dash cover is two piece. If you need to remove the passenger side upper cover and air bag there is a Hidden bolt in the passenger side defrost vent. Pull that up and there is a bolt. two more up from the glove box, ezey pezy.

After I did it once I could strip the thing down in less than 20 minutes. Including the steering wheel, though you need a puller to work on that.

All in all its rather well done for access. Man the size of the airbag Pyrotechnic is freeking HUGE on the passenger side, two staged. Looks like something Johnny Jihadi would strap to his a$$. weigh over six pounds. Do not work on these unless you follow the tech manual. I would love to set that off to see what it looks like BUT its like 500+$$ but it is Removable from the cover. They way they assembled that is rather trick as well. Pulling the wires, in your mind you think, "red ore yellow", lol.

Stereo you could steal in under 10 minutes if you know how these are put together. Like I said there is very few tools and screws. Unless you get deeper like me.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Dp

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.