How much plastidip? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How much plastidip?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
poolboy93
2012 JK Wrangler 

How much plastidip?

I'm thinking of plastidipping my rims this weekend and I'm wondering how many cans I should get to do my rims is 2 enough?

poolboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
HAFICON
2012 JK Wrangler 

I would do a can per rim to be safe. But just FYI I did mine and have to say it has not held up well. I mainly did it just to see how it looked plan on doing the spray liner. But that is the good thing about plastic dip it can be removed, I put mine on really thick and let sit for a while but sand will ware at it quick then pressure washer will take it off.
HAFICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
poolboy93
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up and I really want to see how it looks
poolboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

5 coats... just did some... depends on how intricate the wheels are.... but let it set 72 hrs after before hitting the trails...

Utah Jeep Crew Member #47
Cheyenne Trail Junkie

ROADS!? Where we're going, we don't need roads... (Doc)
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
MKWrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I did 3 coats on my wheels and so far it's holding up pretty well. I've only been offroad a few times since doing it and have been through an automatic car wash twice. The only thing I had to touch up is the wheel weights when I had the tires balanced. The wheels do need to be cleaned really well before applying and the first coat should just be a light dusting.
MKWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.