How much K & N Recharge Kit product needed per treatment on stock replacement filters - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How much K & N Recharge Kit product needed per treatment on stock replacement filters

ECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

How much K & N Recharge Kit product needed per treatment on stock replacement filters

After reading the instructions that accompanied the non aersol type K & N Recharge Kit (99-5050), I can't seem to find anything indicating how much product to use per treatment.

Can someone help clarify generally how much product is needed per treatment on a stock replacement type filter, and approximately how many treatments each kit is good for?

Thanks,

IICON

IICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Have you already bought the K&N? If you are talking about the dropin replacement filter, hopefully you have not. I bought one and was extremely disappointed with it. In fact I took it out and put a stock filter back in. It may be coincidence but after putting the K&N filter in my MPG's dropped by at least 1MPG and of course I saw absolutely no performance gain (not that I thought I would). Only reason I tried it is I thought it would be easier to just recharge the K&N versus buying a new filter every time but after reading the instructions and having to clean it out then let it dry then spray it then let it dry again...just stick with the stock one and do what I did and go buy a bunch and keep them handy.
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Coming from the turbo world I learned real quick that oiled filters are junk. Stick with something you don't have to oil
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.