How much is an 08 sahara 4dr 135k mi worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How much is an 08 sahara 4dr 135k mi worth?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
radkenator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 1
How much is an 08 sahara 4dr 135k mi worth?

Hi. I'm new to jeeps and thinking about buying an 08 4dr Sahara I found. Both tops. Auto trans. But it has 135,000 miles on it. How much should I pay for it?
Other issues:
Rust spots on the windshield support
Dent in rear bumper
Burn hole in driver seat
Needs 4 new tires

Also, what else do I need to look out for before I buy it? The guy said they are all highway miles (60mile daily commute) and that he had 2 recall services performed for wheel liners and trans line fire issue.

Any advice would be great!

radkenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
thedirtman
Senior Member
 
thedirtman's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 714
$12-14 k
__________________
If you learned something new today, you had a good day.
thedirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
bill9274
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: paris, tx
Posts: 246
really depends on where you live in north east texas you would have a time finding any 2077 jeep or newer for less than $17000

Bill
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Blck2012
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , tx
Posts: 234
I'd look at the need for new tires as an opportunity and mainly focus on the rust. Is it through the support or is it surface rust and is it 4x4?
Blck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
AZBob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 90
Why would you buy such a vehicle at any price? Rust - on a 4 year old car?
AZBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
maniacal_rick
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 577
It seems odd that rust would be on the body that soon. I would run a carfax and make sure it's not a nightmare.
__________________
2012 2Dr JK - Metalcloak - Currie - Prorock - ARB - Poison Spyder - RCV - Synergy - Etc...
maniacal_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
waterboarder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 6,347
It's worth exactly and precisely what somone is willing to pay for it.

For the vehicle you describe, its MSRP NEW (if it is an unlimited) was about $32,000. 5 (or so) years and no warranty later, with that mileage, I wouldn't remotely consider anything over $10K, and I think $8K would be more resaonable - if it is an unlimited. If it is only a 2-door, my price would top out at $5K max.

I would have to be high on crack, esctacy, PCP and several other drugs to pay $17K. Good grief.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
bill9274
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: paris, tx
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder
It's worth exactly and precisely what somone is willing to pay for it.

For the vehicle you describe, its MSRP NEW (if it is an unlimited) was about $32,000. 5 (or so) years and no warranty later, with that mileage, I wouldn't remotely consider anything over $10K, and I think $8K would be more resaonable - if it is an unlimited. If it is only a 2-door, my price would top out at $5K max.

I would have to be high on crack, esctacy, PCP and several other drugs to pay $17K. Good grief.
i agree 100% but i ran a auto trader search 200 mile radius for an 07-11 there was one for 14999 and the other 30 were 16999 and up. you will appriciate the high resale value when or if you decide to trade for a new one.

Bill
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
smcutter
Web Wheeler
 
smcutter's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
It's worth exactly and precisely what somone is willing to pay for it.

For the vehicle you describe, its MSRP NEW (if it is an unlimited) was about $32,000. 5 (or so) years and no warranty later, with that mileage, I wouldn't remotely consider anything over $10K, and I think $8K would be more resaonable - if it is an unlimited. If it is only a 2-door, my price would top out at $5K max.

I would have to be high on crack, esctacy, PCP and several other drugs to pay $17K. Good grief.
So, you're from Belfast... Ireland? Are you talking US Dollars? I still see TJ's selling all the time for $17k here in Colorado. The resale value of a Wrangler just doesn't drop, which is fortunate for those who buy new, and unfortunate for those who are just wanting to get in a cheap Wrangler.

To answer the OP, I'd say anything from $14-15k would be a reasonable price. Not a "great deal," but a fair deal.

Edit: I forgot about the rust thing. Rust on the body? This soon? I'd be scared.
__________________
2012 Rubicon (Black, Soft Top, Heated Seats, 6spd)
Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper and a Warn PowerPlant HP Winch
ACE Rock Sliders

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
BadassWJ
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 61
Here in Canada that Jeep would probably go for $14-15k. I wouldnt pay more than $12k tho due to the high miles and cosmetic issues.
BadassWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
waterboarder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 6,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9274 View Post
i agree 100% but i ran a auto trader search 200 mile radius for an 07-11 there was one for 14999 and the other 30 were 16999 and up. you will appriciate the high resale value when or if you decide to trade for a new one.
Like I said - whatever someone is willing to pay...
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
waterboarder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 6,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
So, you're from Belfast... Ireland?
No.

Quote:
Are you talking US Dollars?
Yes.

Quote:
I still see TJ's selling all the time for $17k here in Colorado.
No doubt. But I wouldn't pay more than $3K for any TJ. To me, it isn't worth any more than that. To someone else, one might be worth $100K.

It all goes back to what I said - it's worth exactly and precisely what someone is willing to pay for it.

By a similiar notion, someone can "appraise" something at whatever price they want, but until it actually SELLS at that price, it's only worth what someone is actually prepared to give you upon acceptance of their offer.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
JKRolling
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9274 View Post
really depends on where you live in north east texas you would have a time finding any 2077 jeep or newer for less than $17000

Bill
Any major changes to the 2077? Hover capabilities?
JKRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 3,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
It's worth exactly and precisely what somone is willing to pay for it.

For the vehicle you describe, its MSRP NEW (if it is an unlimited) was about $32,000. 5 (or so) years and no warranty later, with that mileage, I wouldn't remotely consider anything over $10K, and I think $8K would be more resaonable - if it is an unlimited. If it is only a 2-door, my price would top out at $5K max.

I would have to be high on crack, esctacy, PCP and several other drugs to pay $17K. Good grief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
No.

Yes.

No doubt. But I wouldn't pay more than $3K for any TJ. To me, it isn't worth any more than that. To someone else, one might be worth $100K.

It all goes back to what I said - it's worth exactly and precisely what someone is willing to pay for it.

By a similiar notion, someone can "appraise" something at whatever price they want, but until it actually SELLS at that price, it's only worth what someone is actually prepared to give you upon acceptance of their offer.
Wow. Just wow. I'm not going to call you stupid, but I'm not going to call you an expert car appraiser either.

You wouldn't pay more than $3,000 for ANY TJ? Seriously? So if you see a low mileage '06 Rubicon for around $17,000 you'll low ball them and be like "Sorry man, the highest I can do is 3 grand." Reminds me of a certain show on the History Channel...


Now is the JK he is looking at worth 17k? No, it's worth around 15k but NO WHERE will you EVER find a JK for $5,000.
__________________
I want your used D30/D35 chromo shafts!

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
waterboarder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 6,347
Quote:
You wouldn't pay more than $3,000 for ANY TJ? Seriously?
I really don't think so. I don't want a TJ. I'm not in the market for a TJ. I have no use for a TJ. The only reason for me to buy one would be to turn around and sell it for someone who was willing to pay more than I was.

Quote:
So if you see a low mileage '06 Rubicon for around $17,000 you'll low ball them and be like "Sorry man, the highest I can do is 3 grand."
I'd offer as much as I felt I could risk in the process of trying to resell it. To keep for myself? I can't see offering more than $3k. The only reason to buy it for personal use would be as a "back up" vehicle - where it would sit in my back yard in case my primary vehicle broke down or something, or to park out in a remote location so that if I were out there, I would have a vehicle.

Quote:
but NO WHERE will you EVER find a JK for $5,000.
Probably not in a condition you would be willing to take anyway.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.