Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How many are waiting for the 08's?

67K views 965 replies 207 participants last post by  FatBuoy 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how many have palced an order for the new 08's?
I placed an order almost 2 weeks ago and its BG status. It will probably be like that for a month. Once I get the VIN, I can track it from work myself on the computer.:thumbsup:
If anyone has a VIN and do not want to call, I can look it up for you.

#152 ·
I might be mistaken here, but there is another thread going on that talks about the fog light/tow hook option. From what I gather, if you order the 23S package (manual transmission) the fog lights and tow hooks are not part of the S package, however, they can be added on as options. If you order the 24S package (automatic transmission), then you get the tow hooks and fog lights as part of that S package.

I'm going to email my dealer tomorrow and see if he has any info to share. He seems pretty knowledgeable.

#153 ·
REL1203 said:
I ordered mine Early Aug, just today, stopped at my dealership, they were unloading a brand new 2008 Canyon Red 4Dr Sahara, with everything I ordered, and the extra Side AirBags... they said I could have it for 0.5% over invoice... its sitting in my parking spot right now

I couldnt wait any longer when I saw that Awesome car rolling off the truck. I got to take the plastic off most of it

Pics coming tomorrow
Here is the only pic I could snap, it was 630am, so quality isnt great, but she is a gorgeous :)

#154 ·
MsBedtime said:
I might be mistaken here, but there is another thread going on that talks about the fog light/tow hook option. From what I gather, if you order the 23S package (manual transmission) the fog lights and tow hooks are not part of the S package, however, they can be added on as options. If you order the 24S package (automatic transmission), then you get the tow hooks and fog lights as part of that S package.

I'm going to email my dealer tomorrow and see if he has any info to share. He seems pretty knowledgeable.
Neither of the S packages come with the fog lights or tow hooks for 2008 but you can add them both for about $200.

#156 ·
Lpabsolute said:
Just checked today and i went to "D1" status. My scheduled ship date is Sept. 27
I wrote in another thread that I would live vicariously through you today since you went into D1 status. As I was writing that, I though, "what the heck, I'll call and see if my status changes". IT DID!!!!!!

I'm in D1 status and have an estimated ship date of 9/26. Wooooooohoooooooo!:cheers: :D :2thumbsup:

#157 ·
Hello :D
Been reading for some time, Ordered 8-23, Told as of today in "D" status...fingers crossed

#158 ·
In D-1 status for a week, est ship date 9/19!

#160 ·
I checked my status today, still "D" but now they gave me an est build date of Oct 6th. :(

This is going a little slower than I would like.

I hope to have it before Halloween so we can enjoy the fall colors.

:brickwall I want it :brickwall I want it :brickwall I want it :brickwall I want it ....

#162 ·
#166 ·
dss2007 said:
I just found out a few days ago that my est. ship date is Sept. 27th!! Anyway, does anyone know the time in between the ship date and the arrival date?
Usually 4 to 5 days once the plant releases it. My Jeep was just finished yesterday (KZ Status) and my dealer says 4 to 5 days........We will see!

#167 ·
I am sooo envious of you all...
I have been thinking about this for some time.
I just placed my order last week, I am gonna be a mess
for a couple mths as my lease is due early Oct.
I just didn't do my research in advance and had no clue
there was such a back log but as I am buying I am going
to be picky and get exactly what I want!

#169 ·
just when I start feeling good

How long have you waited in D status:

02-APR-2007 order placed
bg 03-MAY-2007
bg 11-JUN-2007
bg 11-JUL-2007
BG 06-AUG-2007
D 05-SEP-2007
D 19-SEP-2007

:brickwall

original order for 2007 forced to move to 2008

4dr Rubicon black
6 speed manual
hard top
power
tow

#170 ·
I just got off the phone about my 08 Sahara and the girl on the line told me that mine shipped and was in KZ status !!! I can hardly believe that as I placed the order with the dealer on 8/18 and they called me with my VON on 9/4.......this is the first time I called the 800 number for a status..... :2thumbsup:

Todd

#171 ·
:cheers2:

BTW u suck!

I have no clue when I can expect mine, I just placed the order the other week.
I bet it will take a year with my luck hahaha

I do not understand why some people have had to wait so long while others
are getting them in a couple months or quicker...

#172 ·
My dealer called this afternoon. My X is on a truck en route to the dealer scheduled for delivery next Wednesday!! I ordered on 8/23 and he told me to expect 4 MONTHS!! So much for that!! So, do you think he'll knock off an extra $2000 fo it coming so early since i had planned to save that much more for down payment??:rofl: I think NOT!! Oh well, i'm excited anyway!!

BTW, our neighborhood is laughing at us since we will have both our silver 4 door X and now a steel blue one as well!! As they say, "it's a jeep thing"........ In any case, we sold our Liberty and they took possesion today!! what timing!

#173 ·
Its got to be true that they are getting all the xs and Saharas out then will move to Rubis Anybody gotten a 4 door Rubi that ordered in June?

#176 ·
Still in BG, ordered 2-door Rubi on August 13th.

There's a nice black Rubi on the lot nearby, but I seriously doubt I could negotiate the price I got and its not exactly what I want anyway. Tempting though. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.