Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How many are waiting for the 08's?

67K views 965 replies 207 participants last post by  FatBuoy 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how many have palced an order for the new 08's?
I placed an order almost 2 weeks ago and its BG status. It will probably be like that for a month. Once I get the VIN, I can track it from work myself on the computer.:thumbsup:
If anyone has a VIN and do not want to call, I can look it up for you.

#103 ·
N2rock said:
I'm sure about that- It took me 2 months to find one in Jeep Green, all the dealers in Texas have/had plenty of Rescue Green, and the Jeep Green was extremely hard to come by. I asked one of the dealers why there were so many Rescue Green, and so little Jeep Green. The dealers had assumed that Rescue Green would be popular (especially with the 20 & 30-somethings), and thought Jeep Green would be less popular. But here in Houston, the Jeep Greens were flying off the lots, and the Rescue Green wasn't moving very well.
I just confirmed and placed my order for the Rescue Green Sahara. Here in Ohio, the Jeep Green was one of the first colors to hit the lot. My dealer said that he would NEVER order Rescue Green/Jeep Green for general inventory because only about 15% percent of the population would want it and he's trying to sell to the 85% that would want red, black, and silver! He said the 15% of people who want that color would search everywhere or order it, and he seems to be right. BTW, he's a small dealership and he is not expecting my Sahara until about Feb. 08. I can wait as long as I know its on its way, and I only had to put down a $1 security deposit. Getting it for almost $1600 under sticker.

#104 ·
Ordered my 2008 Jeep on 8/22. Called and i'm in BG status, but the lady on the phone said there was a material hold. Called the dealer and he said it had to do with the seat cloth. I was like WTF? Below are the details on my Jeep....any idea of when i should see it?

08 X
Flame Red
Auto
24S package
fog lamps
anti-slip differential
infinity speakers
tow hooks
17" wheels
satellite radio
power convenience group

#108 ·
Found out yesterday that my 2008 Unlimited Sahara got shipped from factory storage on the 22nd. :2thumbsup:

I am praying to the gods of all that is Jeep that I will be driving topless for the beautiful Labor Day weekend that is forecast here in the Mid-Atlantic. :bowdown:

#109 ·
drmad7 said:
Hey there MsBedtime! I'm in Columbus too. I had been searching everywhere for a '07 Sahara 4dr in Rescue Green. All the ones I did find(North Carolina and Texas) were being sold for sticker. I finally decided to simply order an '08 from Whiteside Jeep in Mt. Sterling, Oh. Since I have a car to sell, I figure I can wait for however long it will take to get one. They are calling me tomorrow to let me know how close they can get to invoice (they NEVER sell anything a sticker, Gus Whiteside said that is just not right). Anyway, what dealership did you order your Jeep from? Bob Caldwell's is closest to my house but after test driving two Wranglers and speaking to the salesman several times over the last few weeks, they have lost yet another sale to Whiteside. I took a price quote from Jeepwarehouse.com and asked them could they beat or match the price on a order. It was $1700 below sticker=$29,100.00 with all options listed. I gave them several days to see what they could do. When I finally call them he says he's been busy and will call me back. He calls back 30 minutes later and says he thinks Jeepwarehouse's math is wrong or they left off some of the options I wanted (from MY printout that listed everything I wanted?!) and says he can order it for me for $35,500+. And then thinks that I'm gonna run down there and rush to pay him MSRP for Jeep that the other guy can get from the exact same place for over a $1000 less.
I used Carriage Jeep near route 23. I think that's almost Delaware county? Anyways, I spoke with the internet sales guy, Jamie Girton. He was great to work with. PM me if you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to help.

#110 ·
In 97 I ordered my TJ and the factory went on strike. It took me 5 months to get my Jeep. I was going crazy waiting for it.

Now I have a 2008 (W/MyGiG) that I ordered on Aug. 3rd. If I get mine by Oct I will be happy.

Currently in BG status.

#111 ·
Got Mine

I ordered an '08 X package rig back in may. I got it Aug 10th. It was a pain in the *** to deal with my local jeep dealer, however once I got the vehicle it all became so worth it. It is the coolest thing I have ever owned. I am very stoked to be privileged enough at this point in my life to be able to own something like this.

#112 ·
Ordered my 08 (w/MyGig and dual tops) on Aug 23. Hoping to see it by Mid Oct, but not holding my breath, I’m currently BG status. Can't wait!

#113 ·
I ordered my 4-door Rubicon on June 11th. I went from d1 status with a firm build date of 7/31 to C status for a month. Then two weeks ago popped back to D. I called today to see why I hadn't moved to D1 and they said it was a paint problem (Jeep Green Metallic). I said WTF! I called my dealer and told them I would accept almost any color. I gave him a list of my preferences in descending order. So, now I hope I will get a surprise color. Who knows......

I just wish I was still driving my nice car (on sale at dealer) and not my old clunker truck.

#114 ·
Va_RedSoxSahara said:
Found out yesterday that my 2008 Unlimited Sahara got shipped from factory storage on the 22nd. :2thumbsup:

I am praying to the gods of all that is Jeep that I will be driving topless for the beautiful Labor Day weekend that is forecast here in the Mid-Atlantic. :bowdown:
The gods of all that is Jeep are merciful and kind. My Sahara arrived this evening.

:2thumbsup: :cool: :pickle:

I actually loaded everyone in the minivan so we could go 'visit' it. By the time got there the salesman had moved it inside the shop, so when we all went in to look at it, the service manager was inside actually looking at it too. Anyways, it's scheduled for first thing in the morning service, detail, etc. I'll be picking it up on my lunch break. I totally can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post some pics tomorrow probably.

:cheers2:

#116 ·
I just ordered my Jeep today :)

the dealer warned me that it would be 4-6 months b/c it is a rubi... he showed me the build dates and the rubicons are booked until the end of november right now, so that is the earliest date my jeep will be in production. He also said that the vendors for some of the rubicon parts were "taking their time" and delaying orders. I'm ready to wait for what I want...

Rubicon
4 door
Jeep green
manual trans
dual tops
deep tint windows
side air bags
power convenience

plus many aftermarket things I will do after it is in my hands. I love it!

just gonna drive my tj until my new baby shows up

#117 ·
Wow!
Finally in "D" Status as of today.
I would assume in about 2 weeks it will move into gateline...start building in the body shop. I am currently tracking it from start to finish from work.
Its nice because I can see everything that gets done to it via computer.

#119 ·
My order was placed in early August and the dealer quoted delivery around mid-September. After watching my order sit in D-1 for three weeks (and losing hope of meeting the delivery date) it moved two steps in one day. The dealer is so confident they offered me a free loaner until it arrives (if late). The dealer seemed to be the most reliable souurce of information in my case. Don't give up hope....

#120 · (Edited)
I posted on page 1 of this thread and well I am still waiting in BG status. :rolleyes:

To any of you who tracked your jeeps and already recived it:
Do you know how it long it takes once the jeep gets out of the BG stage.
is there a typical order for these codes what comes after BG and then after that??

#125 ·
Vertigo said:
the dealer warned me that it would be 4-6 months b/c it is a rubi... he showed me the build dates and the rubicons are booked until the end of november right now, so that is the earliest date my jeep will be in production. He also said that the vendors for some of the rubicon parts were "taking their time" and delaying orders. I'm ready to wait for what I want...

Rubicon
4 door
Jeep green
manual trans
dual tops
deep tint windows
side air bags
power convenience
4-6 months might be an underestimate. Mine is nearly the same options and they have yet to schedule it. It's sounding like the transmision is causing the holdups.

dss2007 said:
I placed my order this past thursday-8/30 and today I called to get the VON. He gave me the VON and told me it was already at BX. I assume this is good since actually said "already at BX." Anyone know if this is, in fact, good?
BX doesn't mean much more than BG. One person described it as BG is everyone who ordered. BX is you holding up your hand to be chosen but there is nothing to say you will get chosen. From my experience and reading others, don't start getting excited till you hit D. But as you can see from hifiguy that doesn't guarantee anything

hifiguy7 said:
ordered my 4-door Rubicon on June 11th. I went from d1 status with a firm build date of 7/31 to C status for a month. Then two weeks ago popped back to D. I called today to see why I hadn't moved to D1 and they said it was a paint problem (Jeep Green Metallic). I said WTF! I called my dealer and told them I would accept almost any color. I gave him a list of my preferences in descending order. So, now I hope I will get a surprise color. Who knows......
If you really are in D, and ordered june 11 consider yourself very lucky. But I guess that is what I get for demanding a manual. Keep posting if you hear about any other restrictions and soforth.

#126 ·
Ordered 8/23, checked today and it has moved to D-1. Getting closer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.