How many have Pentastar engines that are OK? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How many have Pentastar engines that are OK?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Closed Thread
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #76
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE="YjStrangler92"]

Saw that in a ora mag by 4wheel parts. So what liter engine is the penstar? I still like my reliable 6 cylinder. 238,300 miles. The guy I got it from had mud caked all throufh the frame. Took a week to clean it all out.

It's a 3.6L. Mines got 1300 miles and no issues. Test drove a different JKUS than the one I bought. It sounded like ***** when the salesman started it up. Payed close attention to the one I bought! Love it!!

Unread 08-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #77
MuddExclusive
2012 JK Wrangler 

Running perfect
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #78
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

^^ guess I screwed up my last post^^ my reply was the second paragraph😁
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #79
bl907
2012 JK Wrangler 

My Jk has 3300 miles on it. Build date of 12/11 and just yesterday I went out and fired it up to listen to the engine. Drivers side tick is definately present, passenger side is quiet. So far my engine light is not on, but I go in to the dealer on Saturday for its first oil change and to have them listen to it so at least its documented. I want the documentation before i put my lift, wheels, and tires on it this weekend and no serious offroading... I will keep you all posted on what the dealer says.
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #80
Ottley
2012 JK Wrangler 

First time owner of a 2012 JK

I bought mine in June and I already have over 30 thousand K on it. Love it. Looks like I'm dealing with the heater core issues caused by casting sand residue due to poor quality in the manufacturing of the block. I am disappointed. I know its built in the states. Where are they buying the blocks from? China? My dealership is replacing the core and flushing the cooling system out. Hope it works out. Should I be asking to get the rad replaced too? Also what about the lower end? Probably do not have to worry. Regular oil changes should clear that up.
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #81
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Some blocks are made in the USA, some in Mexico. I'm not sure what ends up in the Wrangler.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #82
Ottley
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thats interesting. If you can believe it, I'm a Systems IT Engineer and have been doing it for 28 years now manufacturing vehicles. I can tell you in Mexico it has always been a problem with getting people to stay long enough in their job to actually get good at it. Come on? Casting sand still in the block? That is manufacturing 101. Basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
Some blocks are made in the USA, some in Mexico. I'm not sure what ends up in the Wrangler.
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #83
mibpf
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have 600 miles on mine with no problems yet. I love this Jeep. I traded in a 2012 Tacoma that had a severe vibration from 0 to 20 mph that Toyota did not have a fix for so I decided to trade it in for a Jeep. I love this thing.
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #84
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've got just over 10,000 miles in six months, no engine issues ...YET. So far only problem was leak which is being fixed !

Dan nj/pa
Unread 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #85
Keiff
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just hit 13k on a Rubi I ordered Aug '11. No issues in stop-n-go Houston with a few woodland jaunts. About 14.5 mpg in town and 20 hwy.

Automatic Unlimited with 4.10 gearing on stock 32s.
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #86
Matoskah
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottley View Post
Thats interesting. If you can believe it, I'm a Systems IT Engineer and have been doing it for 28 years now manufacturing vehicles. I can tell you in Mexico it has always been a problem with getting people to stay long enough in their job to actually get good at it. Come on? Casting sand still in the block? That is manufacturing 101. Basic
It's not casting sand. It's not the head at all. It's water trapped and boiling by the #4 valve seat. Chrysler thinks they understand the problem. They are building a new radiator cap and coolant tank that should fix the problem. The heads are nothing more than a bandaid!!!!
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #87
HungryHeart
2012 JK Wrangler 

11k miles on my 2012 and love it. Bought the lifetime powertrain warranty anyway because of my experience with the 3.8 in my '08.

So far the Jeep is perfect, except for that little crack in the paint on the front fender.

But lets not start that conversation again

Cheers,
Joe
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #88
Blck2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine is awesome. 13,000 miles on it and loving it. Met a guy at the gas station yesterday said he got his in 2011 and had 37,000. No issues so far either.
Unread 11-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #89
bakes101
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 2012 JK hit the shop at approx 7000 milles for the head replacement. Was a 2 day job and when I got it back I still heard the same tapping.
Wasnt too happy about this plus a couple other minor issues so I *****ed pretty loud to my dealer and traded up to a new 2013 at very minimal beating to my wallet. Didnt hurt that I loved the new 2013 Billet color and wanted to upgrade to the Sahara anyways lol.

The 2012 was my first Wrangler and even though it had issues there was no way I was going back to any other type of vehicle.

I have to say though that based on what my service dept told me I cant believe this wasnt escalated to a recall issue. I had to wait many weeks for the part as I was told that there were so many engines needing this fix that the parts were allocated to one per week, per dealer to avoid hoarding. Sounds kinda massive to me.
Unread 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #90
BadTrainDriver
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakes101 View Post
My 2012 JK hit the shop at approx 7000 milles for the head replacement. Was a 2 day job and when I got it back I still heard the same tapping.
Wasnt too happy about this plus a couple other minor issues so I *****ed pretty loud to my dealer and traded up to a new 2013 at very minimal beating to my wallet. Didnt hurt that I loved the new 2013 Billet color and wanted to upgrade to the Sahara anyways lol.

The 2012 was my first Wrangler and even though it had issues there was no way I was going back to any other type of vehicle.

I have to say though that based on what my service dept told me I cant believe this wasnt escalated to a recall issue. I had to wait many weeks for the part as I was told that there were so many engines needing this fix that the parts were allocated to one per week, per dealer to avoid hoarding. Sounds kinda massive to me.
You should do us all a favor and name the dealer whom you dealt with...so we could all avoid them.
Twice, in you post, you told us all how ignorant they are(taking two days to NOT fix your problem, plus telling you how MASSIVE this problem is), and furthermore how they took advantage of you financially by selling you a new Jeep when your 2012 could have been fixed correctly, and been perfectly fine.

Good job
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.