How many have Pentastar engines that are OK? - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How many have Pentastar engines that are OK?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Closed Thread
Unread 02-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #511
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
hahahaha, if you got the 3.8 jk and mod it then u go for the 2012+ jks then u got money to waste if its a stock jk and can get good trade in value then why not?
Maybe so. I woudn't trade to get something that isn't proven just yet and only makes 85 more horsepower above 4k 10 to 15 more before that not enough to make a huge difference unless in the hills or pulling something. But, crusin at 70 mph they both will do the same thing. No need to get a car note unless you don't own a JKU yet but, a paid for one is just silly to trade up for the same thing as far as fit and function go.

Unread 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #512
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post

Maybe so. I woudn't trade to get something that isn't proven just yet and only makes 85 more horsepower above 4k 10 to 15 more before that not enough to make a huge difference unless in the hills or pulling something. But, crusin at 70 mph they both will do the same thing. No need to get a car note unless you don't own a JKU yet but, a paid for one is just silly to trade up for the same thing as far as fit and function go.
There r some people that trade there old jku that still have payments on it and after they trade they r getting a lower payment a month or bi weekly i havent deiven the older jks so i cant really say how it compares to the new ones
Moezer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #513
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Your right if it isn't paid for but, thats just paying more in the long run. To me you buy a vehicle and drive it till the wheels fall off just make sure its something you like. To me its so silly to get rid of a vehicle well cared for with less than 100k. You aren't getting your moneys worth why even take care of it? You won't get much more for it anyway. Thats just me though. I know alot of folks that have a fit before it even hits 100k they think things will start breaking and cost to much. Trick is you take care of it the best you can and if and when you do have to spend money you aren't putting a transmission,engine any major part on a thousand dollar vehicle. Let it make you money.
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #514
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Your right if it isn't paid for but, thats just paying more in the long run. To me you buy a vehicle and drive it till the wheels fall off just make sure its something you like. To me its so silly to get rid of a vehicle well cared for with less than 100k. You aren't getting your moneys worth why even take care of it? You won't get much more for it anyway. Thats just me though. I know alot of folks that have a fit before it even hits 100k they think things will start breaking and cost to much. Trick is you take care of it the best you can and if and when you do have to spend money you aren't putting a transmission,engine any major part on a thousand dollar vehicle. Let it make you money.
Alot of people just get bored with what they have and want something new, my 2002 had 250k when i got it now it has 295 and engine needs magor work so i opt for a new one first time ever but yeah not sure why u or others r getting up set if u like ur jk then thats it its your jk people that had the 3.8 and moved to the 3.6 love the power im not sure if u have driven the new jks but if u havent then i would tell u to try it out then make up ur mind lol
Moezer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #515
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hear ya.
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #516
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thread has run its course. Thread closed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.