How many have Pentastar engines that are OK? - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How many have Pentastar engines that are OK?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Closed Thread
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #316
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's what I pretty much did with mine, except I offered a deal with the dealer and went from a 12 to a 13. The 13 is night and day a good truck copmpared to the POS 12 I had. Sad their quality control is that off between rigs.

73azbronco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #317
snrusnak

Our 2013 runs great. This v6 is a pretty damn good engine. We only have ~3k miles though.
snrusnak is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #318
ccchris
2014 JK Wrangler 

83000 kms on my 2012 now, I posted at 49000 when it needed a head.
Not a single issue since the head work but trading it before its out of warranty for sure..
ccchris is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #319
Wintermute
1967 FSJ Gladiator 

I'm at about 21k miles now on my 2012 and have had no problems whatsoever.

--Wintermute
Unread 11-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #320
ADFD1

Any more 2013's coming in with bad heads?
ADFD1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #321
Dan_NTX
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just turned 15k on my 12 and it's been trouble free...except the cheap Jeep battery it came with that gave out at 10k miles and 13 months, on a 12 month warranty. No matter, I bought a good battery and would not want another OEM cheap battery even for free.
Dan_NTX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #322
06TJJEEPSTER
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post
Modern vehicles are designed and made to be driven once started, no need to warm-up as in days of old.

Anyone who has had the P0304 code thrown and had it reset, how long did it take to come back on? I'm on one week since reset and it has not returned.
Had the P0304 Code show up last weekend just after refueling. Put some Lucas Injector cleaner in and filled back up a 1/4 tank. CEL came back on the next day. I'm gonna try to get it in the shop this week, I have to take it in for the recall for the oil cooler/power steering issue anyway.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"
06TJJEEPSTER is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #323
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My 3.6 gets better every day I drive it. Better power and better mileage.

Last edited by 1222; 11-05-2013 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Removed trolling quote by another member
715racing is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #324
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine ticks a slight amount, but not anything abnormal for an aluminum engine with plastic intake manifold. No problems otherwise. I have 28,000 miles and have used synthetic since the 1st oil change.
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #325
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Its funny how the 3.8L gets the same gas mileage this pentajesus engine does. For all the hype how advanced it is I'm not all that impressed. Yea it might have a little bit more power but, this engine is a throw away engine at the end of its service life. Where as you can rebuild the 4.0L and 3.8L just saying. I drove a friends 13 JKU Rubi and it was quick no doubt but, unless you are running the snot out of it there's not a difference from the pre 12 JK's for just laid back driving.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #326
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Its funny how the 3.8L gets the same gas mileage this pentajesus engine does. For all the hype how advanced it is I'm not all that impressed. Yea it might have a little bit more power but, this engine is a throw away engine at the end of its service life. Where as you can rebuild the 4.0L and 3.8L just saying. I drove a friends 13 JKU Rubi and it was quick no doubt but, unless you are running the snot out of it there's not a difference from the pre 12 JK's for just laid back driving.
Is there a point to this, or just more trolling the 3.6 crowd?
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #327
Reluctant
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll bite...why can't I rebuild my pentastar? No worries, I can always buy a new Jeep, just saying...
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #328
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
Is there a point to this, or just more trolling the 3.6 crowd?
No trolling just saying for all the hype I would expect more from this world class engine that's all I'm saying. It seems to me it has more problems than great things.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #329
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

The engine is miles better than the 3.8 and has a lot more potential. If you can't recognize that then you're a fool

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #330
Spike6901

Quote:
No trolling just saying for all the hype I would expect more from this world class engine that's all I'm saying. It seems to me it has more problems than great things.
I have it in my JKU getting close to 20mpg, my Dad has it in a RAM crew cab 4x4 getting 23-25mpg, and its in my wife's Avenger that clocks over 30mpg and can outrun a 4.6L Mustang.

So yes, it is one hellova solid little engine.
2014: Wrangler#1 Father and oldest Son build and teach project
2016: Wrangler#2 Father and youngest Son build and teach project
Spike6901 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.