How many have Pentastar engines that are OK? - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How many have Pentastar engines that are OK?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Closed Thread
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #301
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post
This is my 8th Jeep, and the quality is FAR better than any of the others. And FAR better than the toyota fj cruiser my buddy had. In fact, after he drove my '13, he immediatly traded that heap in on a Rubicon for himself. First American vehicle he has had in 15 years, and now he knows the truth...jap crap isn't all it's cracked up to be. He is now trading his Wifes' camry for a 2014 Grand Cherokee.

I love it when people see the light, and quit being brainless sheep.
Wow.

n3tfury is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #302
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

With frame rot, terrible electronics, and some of the worst styling in the first world, Toyota's starting to earn that reputation even if they somehow avoid the publicity.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #303
megawatt308
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013 unlimited sport, 3886 miles and the CEL lights up, the ECO light goes off. I was cruising steady state on the highway at 70 mph when the CEL decides to show up. Code is P0441 - Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow, my uneducated guess will be a bad solenoid not opening. Goes in at 8am tomorrow for repairs, Jeep has been flawless until yesterday.
megawatt308 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #304
Glidehog
2012 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=mightydog78;16899145]Pentastar is an excellent engine, hands down.[/QUOTE

+1
Glidehog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #305
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Getting ready to roll over to 30,000 miles now without a peep out of the engine. Built 11/11

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #306
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My 03 ford f150 work truck has 207k and is still on the original water pump,alternator, and starter. Beat that jeep lol.
MountainMan864 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #307
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
My 03 ford f150 work truck has 207k and is still on the original water pump,alternator, and starter. Beat that jeep lol.
Yeah I find it hilarious (ok sad since I have a new one) that people are proud that a brand new jeep has been trouble free for a year or two.

I've had so many fords with well over 100k miles basically trouble free. Just brakes clutches and ball joints etc that I wore out. So far, based on mileage I would say my jeep is the most problematic vehicle I've owned! Lol
brianjw is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #308
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

11 wrangler...no problems to date.
pentastarguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #309
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yea it will be sometime until the 3.6L really becomes a worthy engine. Who knows Chrysler might ditch it for the next redesign if things don't change. I have talked to some with even early 14s that have the tick and have had to have the head replaced to fix it.
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #310
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Yeah I find it hilarious (ok sad since I have a new one) that people are proud that a brand new jeep has been trouble free for a year or two.

I've had so many fords with well over 100k miles basically trouble free. Just brakes clutches and ball joints etc that I wore out. So far, based on mileage I would say my jeep is the most problematic vehicle I've owned! Lol
My buddy had to lemon law his '12 F-150 after getting about 8 months of run-around from multiple dealers and corporate because he had the balls to move to another state after his purchase (he's military). Both loaner trucks the "new" dealer gave him while trying to fix his POS broke down repeatedly and actually left him stranded about 90 miles from anywhere...in Alaska.

I've had 2 good Fords and one POS. I'm over 30k miles with zero problems in the JK so far. By this mileage on my last Ford (a Focus) I was on my second fuel pump already. Granted, that was the last problem that car gave me for another 50-60k miles, and I sold it running (and still getting 30+mpg) at 134k last year, but still.

Nobody's perfect.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #311
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

2014s with the head problem too? Dang my jeep hasn't even broke 1000 miles yet. My dealer swore up and down that Chrysler had fixed the head problem.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #312
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yea one of my friends who is an engine Tech at Dallas Dodge has told me some still have it not as much as the 12s and 13s were. He told me out of 10 two or so will eventually have the problem. I was under the impression it was fixed after mid 12 but then that went into late then became some early 13s which then was some mid to late 13s. I guess we will never know when none have this problem for sure.
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #313
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
My buddy had to lemon law his '12 F-150 after getting about 8 months of run-around from multiple dealers and corporate because he had the balls to move to another state after his purchase (he's military). Both loaner trucks the "new" dealer gave him while trying to fix his POS broke down repeatedly and actually left him stranded about 90 miles from anywhere...in Alaska.

I've had 2 good Fords and one POS. I'm over 30k miles with zero problems in the JK so far. By this mileage on my last Ford (a Focus) I was on my second fuel pump already. Granted, that was the last problem that car gave me for another 50-60k miles, and I sold it running (and still getting 30+mpg) at 134k last year, but still.

Nobody's perfect.
Very true nothing is perfect. Leave it to Chrysler to show us that lol. Took an engine that has been around since 1991 that was tried and true just like the engine it replaced and tried to make it in Mexico for late 2007 and early 08 to save a few penny's and most if not all of those engines have either spun a bearing due to poor machine work/Qc or had oil consumption issues because either the rings didn't have the right tolerance or were just put upside down because Jose was mad that day lol. Didn't take Chrysler long to learn that lesson being most 07s and 08s had the lifetime deal so you know they lost there butts on that.
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #314
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
My factory STICK Grand Cherokee had the original water pump replaced at 243,000 miles, by me. It still has the original radiator, PS pump, head, all internals, A/C pieces, virtually nothing has been changed except for maintenance items. Hell, it still has the original clutch!

I fully expect the same from my Rubicon.
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #315
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcrawlr View Post
2014s with the head problem too? Dang my jeep hasn't even broke 1000 miles yet. My dealer swore up and down that Chrysler had fixed the head problem.
they can say all they want, But the question is what did they fix. Jeep care has not one time gave real answer here. Its like getting info from the NSA or any government entity.

Like Hillary said," What does it matter".

The head design they said fixed this was made year ago yet it still is an issue? How can fix what is perfect? How can fix something if you DO NOT know why? hey what does it matter the heads are dead, move on. its a great design..........

Just a FR the heads are not even rebuild-able from what I have read so the motor is disposable. unless an aftermarket solution that ditches the combo exhaust to head desingn that i think is the root of this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.