How many have left the soft top in the back? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How many have left the soft top in the back?

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Reply
Unread 02-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #31
jeepers3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
I ended up getting a multi tool one, where you can use them at 90 degrees or straight like a screwdriver...10 bucks at canadian tire...seems like it should do the trick. thanks!
Good luck. That's what I originally tried, before I wised up and went and got my ratchet (:

Cheers!

jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #32
unlimitedgrizz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 48
have the dealer do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
as it was when you got it brand new? the sticker on mine says to 'remove' one of them...but it looks like a pain in the *** to do, especially now that its winter...
i just had the dealer do it! i picked my x up on 2/28
unlimitedgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
jeepers3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedgrizz
i just had the dealer do it! i picked my x up on 2/28
Was not really an option for me, since I had a 5000 mile drive home from the dealer. (:
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #34
07rubi lemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 60
I asked my 5 star dealer to remove the soft top twice. They "Forgot" both times. I left it mounted for about 3000 miles. When removed, 2 "rub" spots were left on the roll bar. Take it out as soon as you can if you don't want the wear marks.
07rubi lemon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #35
PatrickBateman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07rubi lemon
I asked my 5 star dealer to remove the soft top twice. They "Forgot" both times. I left it mounted for about 3000 miles. When removed, 2 "rub" spots were left on the roll bar. Take it out as soon as you can if you don't want the wear marks.

i dont think mine is 'mounted', its just packed up and laying on top of the sides of the rear of jeep...i think...
PatrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #36
caliwankers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 141
It took me about 30 minutes total to remove the soft top.

You first have to remove the panels and the Freedom Top. It is important to remove the driver's panel first then the passenger side next. There are 8 t40 screws that hold the freedom top in place. 3 on each side along the back sides and 2 on the outside of the front corners of top. The side steps came in handy when getting these top ones out. Then disconnect the wiring harness and the rear windshield wiper tube and remove the top and place aside. Then use the t30 torx to remove the 4 bolts (2 per side) that attach the soft top to the side roll bar tube. Once this is done, put the freedom top and the panels (in reverse order) back on and re-install the harness and wiper tube.

As spring is here, the other option is to just remove the hard top and get the soft top up and operational. I figure 2 more weeks tops for that to occur.

If I have repeated things here, please forgive me.

Cali
__________________
[COLOR="Silver"]Caliwankers[/COLOR]
2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
[COLOR="Silver"]Silver[/COLOR]
18" Wheels
Dual Top Group
6 Speed
caliwankers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #37
PatrickBateman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliwankers
It took me about 30 minutes total to remove the soft top.

You first have to remove the panels and the Freedom Top. It is important to remove the driver's panel first then the passenger side next. There are 8 t40 screws that hold the freedom top in place. 3 on each side along the back sides and 2 on the outside of the front corners of top. The side steps came in handy when getting these top ones out. Then disconnect the wiring harness and the rear windshield wiper tube and remove the top and place aside. Then use the t30 torx to remove the 4 bolts (2 per side) that attach the soft top to the side roll bar tube. Once this is done, put the freedom top and the panels (in reverse order) back on and re-install the harness and wiper tube.

As spring is here, the other option is to just remove the hard top and get the soft top up and operational. I figure 2 more weeks tops for that to occur.

If I have repeated things here, please forgive me.

Cali
thanks for reply. ya its getting warmer here too, so in the next few days ill just do the latter...thanks again. i guess mine is attached somewhat....
PatrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #38
wranged
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: northeast
Posts: 69
I had the dealer remove it before I picked it up beacuse it was 18 degrees. Sales guy said it took them less than a half hour, no charge.
wranged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.