How long will it take? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How long will it take?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 05-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
yj_ryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 77449, TX
Posts: 418
How long will it take?

How long will it take before we see the JK Unliminted rolling down the street stitting on 26's and appearing in a rap video?

__________________
Jeepless for now. . .but one day I hope to own another LJ
yj_ryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
ChristopherJ
Resident Physician
 
ChristopherJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 1,199
I don't know. How long did it take for the current unlimited to appear in a rap video?
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
yj_ryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 77449, TX
Posts: 418
It has not been, that is my point. Watch my friend and see how long it will take for these new jeeps to go where no jeep has gone before.
__________________
Jeepless for now. . .but one day I hope to own another LJ
yj_ryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Karamba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro_ryan
It has not been, that is my point. Watch my friend and see how long it will take for these new jeeps to go where no jeep has gone before.

Oh, the horror.

I have read that N.Y. drug dealers became quite fond of wearing plastic mountaineering boots. I guess we should all stop climbing mountains now.
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
yj_ryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 77449, TX
Posts: 418
That was not my point, but nevermind.
__________________
Jeepless for now. . .but one day I hope to own another LJ

Last edited by yj_ryn; 05-21-2006 at 06:32 PM..
yj_ryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
scottyc
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 77007, TX
Posts: 866
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Hook 'em!
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2006, 07:29 AM   #7
Rommel
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro_ryan
How long will it take before we see the JK Unliminted rolling down the street stitting on 26's and appearing in a rap video?
There is a guy two blocks away from me with a YJ on maybe 25 inch tires chromed out and with a neon kit.

Man that YJ was such a horrible design decision by Jeep.

-Romm
__________________
"A dreamy horse! This is my 4th jeep since I first drive 12 years ago. I just drive jeep, always..." - Red Bull China
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #8
yj_ryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 77449, TX
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
There is a guy two blocks away from me with a YJ on maybe 25 inch tires chromed out and with a neon kit.

Man that YJ was such a horrible design decision by Jeep.

-Romm
I feel sorry for that YJ. Maybe he will total it and put it out of it's misery.
__________________
Jeepless for now. . .but one day I hope to own another LJ
yj_ryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2006, 07:36 AM   #9
Rommel
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro_ryan
I feel sorry for that YJ. Maybe he will total it and put it out of it's misery.
The point is that you don't blame the Jeep for people with that kind of taste. You blame the person.

-Romm
__________________
"A dreamy horse! This is my 4th jeep since I first drive 12 years ago. I just drive jeep, always..." - Red Bull China
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #10
yj_ryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 77449, TX
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
The point is that you don't blame the Jeep for people with that kind of taste. You blame the person.

-Romm
Exactly, you blame the person. I just think the styling of the new JK (since H3-like) will give rise to more typical lame mods like big rims, lowering, etc.

I should of never started this thread, so I apologize. It is not going in the direction I wanted. I will not reply any longer.

__________________
Jeepless for now. . .but one day I hope to own another LJ
yj_ryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #11
Rommel
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro_ryan
Exactly, you blame the person. I just think the styling of the new JK (since H3-like) will give rise to more typical lame mods like big rims, lowering, etc.

I should of never started this thread, so I apologize. It is not going in the direction I wanted. I will not reply any longer.

That's because you think the JK looks like an H3.

Not everyone agrees.

It seems like the "intent" of your thread was to suggest that the JK looks like an H3 and will somehow cheapen the brand if its associated with Rap music.

NWA and Biggie were rapping about Jeeps in 1989 and we've been doin just fine.

Everyone has to stop thinking that a new design is going to ruin their Jeep experience or somehow turn out the masses to buy Jeeps and bling them out. It's not going to happen any more than it already does. Those that love offroading will still be in the mud and on the rocks and those that don't will still be on the street.

-Romm
__________________
"A dreamy horse! This is my 4th jeep since I first drive 12 years ago. I just drive jeep, always..." - Red Bull China
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
Muddy Cherokee
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 852
LL Cool J wrote a rap song about the back seat of his Jeep...
__________________
[SIZE="1"]1996 Cherokee Sport
4.0L HO, AX-15, NP 231
RE 4.5" Lift, 32" Dunlop Mud Rovers, RE Hack'n'Tap, CV Driveshaft, D30/D44, 4.10's, Aussie Lockers, ZJ Tierod, F/R recovery points[/SIZE]
Muddy Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #13
dieseljeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
That's because you think the JK looks like an H3.

Not everyone agrees............................................ .......................................

-Romm
If you don't think it looks like a H3 you probably need your eyes checked . Not much doubt in my mind that if the JK had hit the streets sooner, the story would have been that the H3 copied the JK. But we know that's isn't the case now.
dieseljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2006, 07:12 AM   #14
Rommel
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep
If you don't think it looks like a H3 you probably need your eyes checked . Not much doubt in my mind that if the JK had hit the streets sooner, the story would have been that the H3 copied the JK. But we know that's isn't the case now.
The JK looks like a slightly bigger and sleeker TJ. The 4-door JK looks liike a slightly bigger and sleeker Unlimited with extra doors.

The H3 looks like a ripoff of a TJ with gigantic massive fenders, a poor imitation of the Jeep grille, and the underbelly of a cheap SUV.

I've never been a big fan of the Unlimiteds and I'm not the biggest fan of the 4-door, but all comparisons to a H3 will stop once they get on the trails.

-Romm
__________________
"A dreamy horse! This is my 4th jeep since I first drive 12 years ago. I just drive jeep, always..." - Red Bull China
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #15
pezley69
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
The JK looks like a slightly bigger and sleeker TJ. The 4-door JK looks liike a slightly bigger and sleeker Unlimited with extra doors.

The H3 looks like a ripoff of a TJ with gigantic massive fenders, a poor imitation of the Jeep grille, and the underbelly of a cheap SUV.

I've never been a big fan of the Unlimiteds and I'm not the biggest fan of the 4-door, but all comparisons to a H3 will stop once they get on the trails.

-Romm

I didn't know you could take a H3 on a dirt road let alone a trail.....

Learn something new everyday!

And everyone knows they quit making real wranglers in '95....
__________________
05 [B]Black[/B] TJ Rubicon 2" Spring lift, Hella 500's on the windshield, SRC front bumper, SRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier, SRC rocker guards/steps, Mile Marker PE8000 winch
pezley69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.