Thanks for this post!! I've ordered the unit online ($204) The instructions also call for the antenna to be mounted under the passenger side airbag.
Originally Posted by rmacleod96
Has anyone found out for sure if this will work without power door locks ?
Per the installation instructions:
XBM remote start can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: Automatic Trans*
mission, Remote Keyless Entry and Immobilizer.
WinFobik based vehicles, the sales code must be added to the database prior to installing the new WCM module.
Failure to do so will render the WCM module’s remote start function inoperative.
The technician should wait 1/2 hour between adding XBM sales code in DealerConnect before installing the
WCM module. In the interim, the technician can install all other components except the WCM module.
NOTE: Prior to installation, obtain the four digit PIN from the dealership's parts department.
NOTE: The wiTECH software level must be at the latest release to perform this procedure.
NOTE: Prior to installation, the technician should cut the KEY FOBIK Blanks using the original vehicle's Key
FOBIK as a template.
1. VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using the
DealerCONNECT website and the wiTECH diagnostic application, complete the vehicle configuration.
2. Log on to http://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
3. On the Home page, select the "Service" tab.
4. On the Service page, look for the Global Claims System area and select "Vehicle Option".
5. On the Vehicle Option page, enter the last eight digits of the VIN, then select "View".
6. On the "Available Vehicle Option'" list, scroll down the list and select "XBM Remote Start System".
7. Click the "Add" button and make sure "XBM Remote Start System" appears in the "Selected Vehicle Option" list on
8. Click the "Save" button to complete adding the sales code to the vehicle database.