[How To] Install Remote Start in 08-09 Wrangler JK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > [How To] Install Remote Start in 08-09 Wrangler JK

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 02-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #31
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8terZ06 View Post
Drive to a dealership and have them cut the new keys first, then unplug the plug from the old WCM and plug it into the new WCM, and then follow the directions for programming the new keys and WCM. After that's done, drive home.
I am going tomorrow to get it programmed. So I will have them cut my keys first. Then plug in the new WCM. I read in the manual that it takes two keys that are programmed to do the next set. So where are you finding the directions to program the new keys to the WCM?

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #32
Av8terZ06
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamball View Post
I am going tomorrow to get it programmed. So I will have them cut my keys first. Then plug in the new WCM. I read in the manual that it takes two keys that are programmed to do the next set. So where are you finding the directions to program the new keys to the WCM?
If I remember right, once they cut the keys, they will then hook up their computer to the jeep and program everything at one time, which is the jeep to recognize the remote start, the WCM, and the keys.. The dealership does all the programming.

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Sold
1994 Jeep Wrangler Renegade - Sold
Av8terZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
rmacleod96

Has anyone found out for sure if this will work without power door locks ?
rmacleod96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #34
arcticmonkey

Thanks for this post!! I've ordered the unit online ($204) The instructions also call for the antenna to be mounted under the passenger side airbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacleod96 View Post
Has anyone found out for sure if this will work without power door locks ?
Per the installation instructions:
CAUTION:
XBM remote start can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: Automatic Trans*
mission, Remote Keyless Entry and Immobilizer.

WinFobik based vehicles, the sales code must be added to the database prior to installing the new WCM module.
Failure to do so will render the WCM module’s remote start function inoperative.
The technician should wait 1/2 hour between adding XBM sales code in DealerConnect before installing the
WCM module. In the interim, the technician can install all other components except the WCM module.
NOTE: Prior to installation, obtain the four digit PIN from the dealership's parts department.
NOTE: The wiTECH software level must be at the latest release to perform this procedure.
NOTE: Prior to installation, the technician should cut the KEY FOBIK Blanks using the original vehicle's Key
FOBIK as a template.
1. VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using the
DealerCONNECT website and the wiTECH diagnostic application, complete the vehicle configuration.
2. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com.
3. On the Home page, select the "Service" tab.
4. On the Service page, look for the Global Claims System area and select "Vehicle Option".
5. On the Vehicle Option page, enter the last eight digits of the VIN, then select "View".
6. On the "Available Vehicle Option'" list, scroll down the list and select "XBM Remote Start System".
7. Click the "Add" button and make sure "XBM Remote Start System" appears in the "Selected Vehicle Option" list on
the right.
8. Click the "Save" button to complete adding the sales code to the vehicle database.
PROCEDURE STEPS:
arcticmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

So has anyone been able to confirm the kit with the integrated button in the key will work on the 07 with keyless entry \ factory alarm \ automatic trans?

I too would like a remote start in my 07 but don't want the little fobs that Ive seen only available for the 07s.

Also it seems there is a 3rd version which is a 2 way version, but I am not sure which type this is, ie with an integrated button in the key or separate fobs. I think its with the extra fobs as it has a built in led that changes color, although I haven't seen any pics, something I believe I read.

Thanks in advance...
JRunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #36
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

Some News From My Dealer...

So its seem according to the parts mgr at my dealer, the 07 will only take the separate fobs version, which is a 1 way communication. As everyone has read, the 08's and up will take the integrated button in a new key version. This is according to Chrysler who he investigated with. Now who knows if anyone "got it to work" in the 07's is my question.

As for a 2 way communication, he didn't say one existed for any model years. So not sure how I read in the thread that a 2 way was installed. Also not sure the model year or version... separate fob or integrated key.
JRunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #37
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

You are wasting your money putting a factory remote start unit in. The range on them is absolutely pitiful compared to the cheapest aftermarket units. You can have a decent aftermarket unit installed for what you are paying for parts on a factory system, and the aftermarket unit will outperform the factory one.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #38
DrSaw

Where does the remote antenna go?
DrSaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how to , installation , JK Wrangler , remote start , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.