how to give a JK an ignition beep like old cars had? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > how to give a JK an ignition beep like old cars had?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

how to give a JK an ignition beep like old cars had?

Hey guys!

I disabled the "beeping" that the jeep has when you leave your lights on, startup the jeep, etc etc.

However, I want it to make a constant noise like old muscle cars made.. They had a very robot like almost electronic horn sound to them. for example, my uncle's 85 mustang gt goes "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" for a good five seconds when you turn the key to iginition.. any ideas on how the hell to get this in my jk? I don't even know what the hell to look up. lol

ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mustangs are pony cars. That sound you heard was the fuel pump i think. Just put in a cd with what ever sound you like.
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just reprogram the ECU-simple

You Ign. key doesn't actually "excite" any high current circuits, all it does is notify the computer (Millivolt) that the human is ready to initiate combustion and then after several seconds (checklist) the computer will authorize ignition-

Nothingtoit-

Like the doc says--just getta muscle car CD !

With my exhaust, I don't need any more assurance that the 3.8L is "on line"-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.