How to cut stock fender flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > How to cut stock fender flares

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 10-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

How to cut stock fender flares

I've searched but can't find it.

Does anyone have a write-up on how to do cut the stock fender flares?

BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
flylrd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just tape em off and cut em( cut mine with sabre saw).I cut mine while still on Jeep. The rear I took the inner liner out.
On the front I just trimmed to edge of body to keep some debris off engine.Also trimmed front support to give a little strength to fender .And someplace to mount LED
marker/turn signal.

And your left over parts in the trash

Just take your time and stand back ,walk around look at it from all angles.BEFORE ANY CUTS!!!!
4" Lift ,Smittybilt front bumper XRC 8 ,Smittybuilt Rear w/tire swing ,Cut fenders,4.88's,Nitto Mud Grappler ,Uniden PC68XL,Dual K40's, Interior mods
flylrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

That looks great!!!

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Going to do this in a couple weeks. Also going to do a front stubby bumper using the rivet method.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I aggree just use tape measure them off to make sure there even the sky's the limit on styles. Heres mine, I copied the cut from a guy online, lots of clearance and I think they look mean also I think you mentioned a stubby bumper. I just hacked it off with a reciprocating saw at an angle and it was really easy! Good luck. Also I painted the rivits with black spray paint other wise it looked like rhinestones

jeepbronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
saltine1130
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylrd View Post
......................And someplace to mount LED
marker/turn signal.
where did you get those marker LEDs... i like those alot
saltine1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wow... this is an old thread.

You can find the marker LEDs at you local Truck Stop (Love's, Flying J, etc.) or Truck Dealership (International, Peterbuilt, Mack, etc.). Offroad road shops do carry them as well, but they usually can't beat the Truck Stop prices.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
flylrd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got mine at Wal Mart in the auto parts section and the boating .They are the 5 LED bulbs. Were just $6 each put them on little L bracket then self tapping srews to the upper fender support.
4" Lift ,Smittybilt front bumper XRC 8 ,Smittybuilt Rear w/tire swing ,Cut fenders,4.88's,Nitto Mud Grappler ,Uniden PC68XL,Dual K40's, Interior mods
flylrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
OKNYC

This looks awesome. It looks like you have a smooth maybe 1/4" edge around where you cut? Is that something you did by sanding, or some other treatment?

Thank you,

OKNYC
OKNYC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
JkPat
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just cut mine last night, doing the rears eventually

2007 Rubicon -4" RC with 2.2 Performance Shocks -Smittybilt SRC Front bumper -Warn M8000 -ESP Kill Switch Mod -35x12.5 Mickey Thompson MTZ -17x9 XD Addicts -TMR sleeves and Gussets -Extended Breathers -AEV Snorkel
JkPat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKNYC View Post
This looks awesome. It looks like you have a smooth maybe 1/4" edge around where you cut? Is that something you did by sanding, or some other treatment?

Thank you,

OKNYC
I was wondering the same thing. How did you get the smooth edge?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

something similar to this I would assume.

http://www.brandsport.com/ptrm-1150-11-05.html

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Quentin_T
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yep, 25' of black door trim from pep boys for me.
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #14
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I did this mod tonight on a buddy's Jeep and we took lots of video. By the time the video is edited, we should have a nice step by step.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #15
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Just cut till all the plastic is gone and throw on some Nemesis Aluminum.
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.