Horn issues with 2007 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Horn issues with 2007

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
mn10eer

Horn issues with 2007

About 6 months ago my horn stopped working. You could press the horn button and nothing! A couple weeks ago my horn starting beeping at random times without the horn button being pressed. It doesn't matter if the Jeeps turned on or off. It will also do it while driving. It will come on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's getting pretty annoying.
I did a search on the net and found that a few others have had similar issues but I couldn't find any resolutions. I saw some have had other horn problems if the button got wet if they left the top off and it rained or something, this hasn't happened to me.
Could it be as simple as a new horn relay? I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and if it's an easy fix before I shell out money at the dealership.
TIA!

mn10eer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
tturkstra
2008 JK Wrangler 

My horn was rusted solid about 3 months after the warranty expired, which caused it to blow the fuse once you pressed the horn button. 3 years!?! A new horn solved that problem. Later, however, I got the "possessed" or chinese fire drill where the jeep would suddenly turn on everything from the horn alarming to the wipers and back-lights, every month or so. That needed a new TIPM module from the dealer. Not cheap. This is unfortunately not uncommon as a search will quickly show you.

Since I had the TIPM replaced, no problems. Note that if they change the TIPM, you lose all your settings like locking while driving, horn honk on lock, etc. If you have a 2007, make sure they set everything back the way you want it when they do it as several of the commands to set these things using the remote do not work for '07's and early '08's.
Unread 01-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
swimfan
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the identical issue as mn10eer. I ended up completely disconnecting the horn to avoid the random horn outbursts. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The horn itself works fine. When I lock the doors the horn beeps (before i disconnected the horn). It's just the steering wheel horn button that doesn't work.
swimfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn10eer View Post
About 6 months ago my horn stopped working. You could press the horn button and nothing! A couple weeks ago my horn starting beeping at random times without the horn button being pressed. It doesn't matter if the Jeeps turned on or off. It will also do it while driving. It will come on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's getting pretty annoying.
I did a search on the net and found that a few others have had similar issues but I couldn't find any resolutions. I saw some have had other horn problems if the button got wet if they left the top off and it rained or something, this hasn't happened to me.
Could it be as simple as a new horn relay? I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and if it's an easy fix before I shell out money at the dealership.
TIA!
Get a code reader that will read body codes. See if there is a code for the horn switch.

You said the horn started beeping at random times. Do you mean it comes on steady, or in short beeps for a certain period?
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.