Hooking up Delta Bumper Fog Light Upgrades - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hooking up Delta Bumper Fog Light Upgrades

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hooking up Delta Bumper Fog Light Upgrades

I posted last week about my fog light housings melting. I bought the Delta Xenon upgrade kit since I liked my headlight upgrades, it seemed like a safe bet. My problem now is the switch. I really don't want another switch until I start adding lights. I found some old posts that said I could wire up the harness and run my stock hot wire to the relay and continue using the factory switch instead of the delta switch. It sounds perfect in theory but all the posts were old so I was wondering if there was a problem found with doing this or it's just that much of a no brainer? I do it but I hate working on electric and usually keep it simple when I do. I'm putting them in tomorrow so any quick feedback is appreciated.

DeVo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

No problem and is a good way to wire it. Power from the battery to the relay and then to the fogs. Negative from battery to fogs. Old hot wire to the fogs run to the control pin on the relay post 30 IIRC. solder the connections and use dielectric grease on all connections especially the fog harness

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks dude!
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

One more question for the sake of simplicity can I use the factory ground wires to ground the new lights? I'll use them if I can or take them out all together.
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

It's better to run directly to battery.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.