Hood Insulation? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hood Insulation?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
TxJeepGuy2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hood Insulation?

Recently my Jeep was in a accident (long story...will save that for another time) and the hood had to be replaced.

I have a 2007 Sahara Wrangler Unlimited, and I was thinking that the original hood had some kind of black insulation material attached to the underside of it. The new one has nothing but bare metal, and for some reason Im thinking it doesn't look right. Is that true, or have I just gone mental?

3" lift - 35" Fierce Attitude M/T Tires
TxJeepGuy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
BeerJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

dunno but seems to me you would be better off without insulation to let more heat escape the engin bay
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
wbower
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes it has a black liner. If you think its too loud then get one ordered but i don't think its a required piece.
wbower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
DougieFresh
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine doesn't have the black liner, never came with it. I wouldn't want it anyways though. There's already enough heat under the hood, it steams like crazy when I go through puddles!
OME HD Lift with NitroCharger shocks. JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars. 33" Toyo Open Country MT's on 18" XD Rockstars. JKS Quicker Disco's. RockHard 4x4 Oil Pan Skid. Shrockworks Rock Sliders. Woods SS relocation bracket & evap relocation bracket. sPod switch panel. Tuffy Security Cover

-Drive it like you stole it-
DougieFresh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

it's an "upgrade" option. my x doesn't have it, but it's clickable on the jeep website.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Iím leaning the other way. To me, the liner would protect your hood from excessive heat, which could start to mess-up the paint on your hood. I had that problem with my í86 CJ-7 and one of my cars. My í08 Rubi has the liner and I like it. I also think that the liner would actually make the engine compartment a little cooler. Of coarse I donít have any facts to back it up though.
Unread 12-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sahara's come stock with the hood insulation.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #8
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

the liner is a fire dapper.. so if there is a fire under ur hood.. that liner will kinda put it out.. thats the only purpose for it...

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Regardless...you are "owed" that liner since your Jeep came with it. The body shop should have replaced it. Chances are that ythey billed your insurance comapny for it so you may as well have them actually order it and put it on.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
CGScotty
Straight And To The Point

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-Skydiver View Post
Regardless...you are "owed" that liner since your Jeep came with it. The body shop should have replaced it. Chances are that ythey billed your insurance comapny for it so you may as well have them actually order it and put it on.
Good point!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.