After I welded the bars up to the brackets I started working on the actual light bar. First welded up some end caps.
Next was to weld up some brackets for the lights
Well from the welding my bar got warped in a tad
, so I had to bend it back out.
Same process can be used on a bent axles tube
I taped it in place and tacked welded the crap out of it while it was on the jeep to make sure it didnt move.
Next was welding it up.
I sanded it and got all the nicks and dings out the best I could, cleaned up some welds and used some heavy duty cleaning solution before I used a couple coats of spray on primer.
It was fast drying primer, after that I hung it in the garage for the final coats
I ended up using semi gloss black as opposed to the royal blue mainly because I wanted to spray it and the brush on would of left streaks.
I did drill some holes for the electrical wires below the light mounts so I can run the wires inside the tubes. If you notice I ran some hay wire through the tubes before I welded the vertical on, if I didnt I would never of been able to fish the wires through do to the 90 degree angle.
My bday is coming up in 2 months, maybe will get some lights perhaps. Prolly will be some cheap HID spots for the mid and floods for the sides. Thinking of Eagel Eye 4" at the moment, let me know what you all think of those. To me it turned out really well for my first real project and has definitely saved me some $$$. I will update this thread when I start working on the rack itself. I want to beef up my front d44 before that and maybe add some rockrails.