Hold on Production because of too much inventory?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hold on Production because of too much inventory??

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
hesstruck76

Hold on Production because of too much inventory??

Ok So I was driving home from work and I drove past the jeep delaer near me and I saw an 2007 Saharah Pulling out. So I pulled in. It was a sweet looking ride. I fell in love and I wanted to drive it home but it was only a 2wd. They actually had custom leather put on it. It made it look real sharp. had 80 miles on it already from test drives. The bad news kept comming though. I have been debating between an 06 and 07. I finally got pricing of the 07 and picked out all my options and I figured Id order one today and get it in a few months.

The dealer told me there is a hold on production for the rest of the year. They are going to finish making 100,000 07s and then start making more come december. If I were to order one I would have to wait to get it in February!!! I thought the guy was full of S***. I emailed another dealer when I got home and he told me the same thing. WHATS GOING ON!!!???!! Now my decision got even harder. We went through the inventory of what he has on order. Nothing I truly want. I guess I'll look around..

Anyone else hearing about this hold? I know DCX was expecting a 3rd quarter loss this year but would it affect the Wrangler? This one is going to be a huge money maker!!!

hesstruck76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Stevebo

I got word that there is a recall, there is a MASSIVE oil leak problem with the 07's they have to correct. I was the first person to get info on the hold and post it, today I found out it was because of the leak. I didnt hear about it being till next year though. I thought they should be gettin em in withen the month.
Stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
hesstruck76

They are getting more in.. but they are not taking orders.. The deals are both from same dealer name just different location. They could be pulling my leg so I buy what they order. i am just there worst nightnare cause I ahve done my Home work and know what I want and what price I can get for it. (1% below invoice)
Unread 09-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Stevebo

Keep workin them man, So far I have $678 below invoice on a 2007 4 door X and $500 under invoice on a 2007 2 door X.
Stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebo
I got word that there is a recall, there is a MASSIVE oil leak problem with the 07's they have to correct. I was the first person to get info on the hold and post it, today I found out it was because of the leak. I didnt hear about it being till next year though. I thought they should be gettin em in withen the month.
Sorry man... recalls are public information... People with JKs already would have gotten notices about it, and it would probably be in the news since it's so soon.
I don't believe your MASSIVE oil leak any more than the one about the little red riding hood without proof.
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

It's IMPOSSIBLE for them to build 100,00 vehicles by the end of the year, let alone by December. That's over 66 jobs an hour at full line speed for 2 shifts running 20 hours a day. They haven't even got one running close to line speed yet, and the second hasn't even started yet.

I bit and even posted the info on another board. . but having spent 7 years inside an assembly plant I got to thinking about it and realized it's not possible. Not on an initial launch like this is.

So, I'm calling you out for being a BS'er. You got me. . . for about 4 minutes.
Hip2u77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
hesstruck76

Dont call me out for being a BSer. Im just reporting what the BS dealer was telling me. I made a mistake of believing 2 different dealerships owned by the same company. I got in touch with a 3rd dealer and they are "willing" to order me one. I think it comes down to the fact that they want to sell me their inventory they got comming in not what I want to order. Sorry for not understanding production lines, have 0 knowledge of them. But im piecing together what dealerships I can trust and what not here. There are 5 or 6 in the greater area of the city I live. They wont make much money off of me because I qualify for 1% below invoice pricing and they are hoping to make a lot of money off these jeeps.
Unread 09-16-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
tolnep

dealer trying to sell you what he has today instead of what you want tomorrow is a genetic thing. most can't help but lie to you given they have stuff on the lot they need to get rid of..

that is prolly the most common lie at a dealership.. naw.. wont be in till.. next year... not available.. engine sucks, recall because the tires fall off or it rolls over and kills pets and small chillen and so on and so forth...
tolnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
RWB214

Honestly I'd wait and get an 08 or 09.. let them iron out all the kinks with the new model.
RWB214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 12:36 AM   #10
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

A lot of dealerships have a lot of 06s left on the lots. Dealers have been known to do some pretty nasty things - including - gasp - outright lying to get you to buy an 06 now rather than buy an 07. There are not very many 07s on the lots yet - but everything I've been reading says that more and more are being delivered and yes - people are purchsing them.

So - if a dealer is you only source of information about massive oil leaks or strange production schedules - realize that you may be getting misinformation. Don't post it as absolute fact unless you know that it is. Hint - instead of spreading a lot of information about a confirmed MASSIVE oil leak - spread information about a oil leak ACCORDING TO MY LOCAL DEALER. Not to get on your case Stevebo - looks like you're trying to be helpful - just trying to explain why so many don't believe you. Now there was some fairly reliable info on JKBoard (but never confirmed, to my knowledge) that the Rubis were delayed because of a seal that had to be fixed for the electronic disco. Maybe that is the source of the oil leak recall rumor?

Hesstruck - I would check more than 2-3 dealers. Some dealers may be willing to deal with you, some may want to mark them up, and some may have so many 06s that they will do anything to get you to buy an 06 instead of an 07. The only way to get accurate info and a good deal is to get quotes from multiple dealers. I checked over a dozen dealers in my area, got quotes from about half of the dealers that I emailed and eventually worked a deal for well below invoice on an 07 Unlimited Rubi. Keep us posted!
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
parkstephen

I agree with Cab

I agree with Cab...dealers are not always the most reliable..especially with new products such as Jeep - which is notoriously bad about providing full information.

As for the MASSIVE oil leak...isn't this an already existing engine? I think so...so...very doubtful there are any problems this large. Also - with the increase in reliability among Jeeps and manufacturing...it's doubtful Dr. Z would allow a model to launch IF there was an issue. Nobody in their right mind would - especially with the redesign of an icon.

So...unless there is a Technical bulletin - everything is hearsay. I will say that after over 7 jeeps...I have NEVER had issue with any of them.

Any dealer will always try and get the most money out of a product...expecially a new launch such as this. My dealer is great...but they are still asking over sticker at the moment. Supply - demand. Basic economics. Some people will pay, others will not.

I have seen 2 so far this week on the street - so it seems people are already buying them. When I went for my test drive...I was in line with 3 others. As it should be...it's a great redesign effort.

-s-

Last edited by parkstephen; 09-18-2006 at 02:49 PM..
parkstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
hesstruck76

Maybe the dealer wasnt lying to me

http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1262

I find this article interesting. It doesnt say anything about the JK but I assume it will have some affect
Unread 09-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
blackbirdcd

I don't buy into the idea of a recall or other issues. They're just ramping up production on a new model.

As to the dealerships - every one I've asked about the 2007 Wrangler has turned around to ask me if I'd be interested in an ''06.

Come on - if you're asking about a 2007 Wrangler you've probably read up on it enough to know that you do not want an '06. These guys are just stuck with a bunch of inventory and will talk out of their butts to get you to buy off the lot.
blackbirdcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.