Hit by Bus Today - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hit by Bus Today

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #16
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

still have the after shots of my truck repairs...

Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay101 View Post
where is the pics??
hahah you can resurrect one of my threads any day! So I had forgotten about this, but everything worked out real well.

The front bumper was mangled on the passenger side corner. So i took a hack saw and cut off the damage on the right side and cut the left side to match. This is the only pic I have at work...
From this past winter...the only damage left is on the passenger side, there is still a small dent, but ah well it is getting replaced soon!

From this past weekend at the Pine Barrens...

All in all, it worked out very well. There was a sensor in the steering column that broke when the bus hit my passenger side front tire. This caused my ABS lights to go one and flash. The dealer fixed that under warranty, and did an alignment.

The body shop wanted an unbelievable amount of money to fix the bumper and other trivial body damage. I said, Just make it driveable and give it back!! I ended up getting a nice check from SEPTA that will be put towards some mods this summer

Thanks for asking!

When I get home I will post pics of the actual accident, these are all I have at work a the moment.

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #18
Djay101
1998 TJ Wrangler 

no problem!!
Djay101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #19
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

my torque converter broke in my accident and now I have a odd clicking noise when i make hard right turns.
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

go for diminished value as well.
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #21
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Posting accident threads without accident photos is just.......wrong.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys01TJ View Post

From this past weekend at the Pine Barrens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Posting accident threads without accident photos is just.......wrong.
HAHA, bluring the plates in the first pic and not in the second fail!

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
rayg270
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep View Post
HAHA, bluring the plates in the first pic and not in the second fail!

Nice eye. I didn't even notice that in the second picture. I was too distracted with all the lights being on in the middle of the day...
rayg270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
skyjump136
2010 JK Wrangler 

What's up with blurring the plates anyway? I figure I drive my Jeep right down the interstate every day of the week...license plates in full view of all other drivers. I'm pretty sure that vehicle registrations and plates are even public record. I don't get it.
skyjump136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #25
Frenchy905337
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So, was he passing on the left while the bus was making a right hand turn, wagging it's tail into the Jeep? Who was at fault? I think it's hard for someone's rear to hit your front while moving forward and it be their fault.

This post made using 100% recycled electrons.
Frenchy905337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #26
nyrangersfan19
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy905337 View Post
I think it's hard for someone's rear to hit your front while moving forward and it be their fault.
What if they were making a lane change and he was in the blind spot? They don't seem him and move over, hitting his front with their rear.
nyrangersfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
JLITTY
1946 CJ2A 

Looks pretty good!
JLITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #28
ZBoater
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjump136 View Post
What's up with blurring the plates anyway? I figure I drive my Jeep right down the interstate every day of the week...license plates in full view of all other drivers. I'm pretty sure that vehicle registrations and plates are even public record. I don't get it.
It helps avoid disclosure of your real identify in a place where anonymity is valued. Imagine you getting into a flame war over "TJ vs JK" or "inline six vs. minivan engine" and some crazed guy tracked you down by researching your personal info.

The internet can be a crazy place sometimes...
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr auto w/4.10, Green Metallic, Freedom Top, Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar 35x12.5x17, Procomp Series 7069 wheels, OME 2" suspension kit, K&N air filter, Optima Yellowtop D34/78, Superchips Flashpaq, MyGig RER 2.045, Hella 700FF, KC Daylighters 631.
ZBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #29
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
It helps avoid disclosure of your real identify in a place where anonymity is valued. Imagine you getting into a flame war over "TJ vs JK" or "inline six vs. minivan engine" and some crazed guy tracked you down by researching your personal info.

yeah i second that one!

i once had an issue with someone trying that whole plate number bull****, ******* didn't realize that would have accomplished nothing because the plates were still registered in the POs name at that moment in time. i know the PO of that car so i scored a deal and took the car before i had to pay them.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #30
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post

LOL - all I got to say is that I'm more likely to piss of someone while driving then here. You want to come get some, c'mon.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.