This is from the 2010 Owner's Manual:
Can be downloaded from here http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html
If you wish to turn off the HSA system, follow this
1. Start with the engine off and vehicle in PARK (automatic
transmission) or NEUTRAL with clutch out
(manual transmission) with wheels straight. Apply parking
brake on manual transmission vehicle.
2. Start the engine.
3. With the engine running, the brake applied, and the
clutch out, rotate the steering wheel a half a turn counterclockwise
4. Press the “ESC Off” switch four times within twenty
5. Rotate the steering wheel a full turn clockwise (half
turn clockwise from center).
6. Cycle ignition switch OFF then ON.
7. If the sequence was completed properly, the “ESC
Malfunction Indicator Light” will blink several times to
confirm HSA is off.
Steps 1-7 must be completed within 90 seconds to turn off
HSA. Repeat steps 1-7 to re-enable HSA functionality.