high steer w/ ARTEC truss kit Qs??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > high steer w/ ARTEC truss kit Qs???

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

high steer w/ ARTEC truss kit Qs???

If I am running at a 3" total lift hieght-

Using the ARTEC Truss kit WITH the raised track bar bracket included in the kit-When looking at dranglinkflip/highsteer kits, i do not need the raised track bar bracket included in these highsteer kits-correct?

Also, am still running the stock Trackbar. when I increase my ride hieght (by adding new coils) from 2"to 3" (I`m at 2"right now), will the raised trackbar bracket on the ARTEC truss kit get the axle pretty close to center or would i also need to look into adjustable track bars to pair with the raised bracket?

Like I said, I am at 1.75-2" now and running the stock trackbar and no brackets. my axle is really close to center now. So 1 more inch in ride hieght w/ thier raised bracket should keep me close to center right?

Now im thinking that the raised bracket only moves the trackbar up and doesnt affect axle centering.

so 2 questions: will I need raised tackbar brackets included in most high steer kits, or should i just get a flipped draglink kit without the raised trackbar bracket (only bc the ARTEC kit comes with one)? And will I need an adjustable trackbar to replace the stock trackbar when using the ARTEC raised trackbar bracket in conjunction with the stock trackbar and a lift height rising from current 2" to a new 3".

www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #2
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

you might hafta read that over twice. haha!
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok no dice? How about a legitimate list of highsteer kits that will work with 15"wheels

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

never dealt with hi steer, but, the raised bracket and drag link flip are not only to correct axle alignment etc, but the suspension will work better through travel if they are as close to parallel as possible. as the jeep is lifted, the track bar has more of an angle, this means it has less lateral distance, thus throwing the axle off center. the bracket brings the angle back to stock making the axle centered again. where as the adjustable track bar just increases the length to make up for the lateral loss. making any sense? either or should work, remember at that height you're only going to be thrown off center 5/8" roughly
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok. Ill do the raised bracket with the artec truss kit with new coils and a stock trackbar. Ill see how close to center it gets my axle. If i have to order a trackbar then itll atleast be drivable untill it arrives if im looking at minimal axle movement
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

You'll need to raise the trackbar on the axle end the same amount as the drag link, in turn you will also have to run 3" bump stops unless you want to notch your frame. Drag link will interfere with the frame rail

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My friend is running the Synergy drag link flip with a full artec truss w/ raised Track bar mount.

He has an adj. track bar but has much more lift than you want. I think you will be very close on with the factory track bar.

That's about 5" of lift with 37x13.50s on a 2 door and you can drive 60mph with a finger on the wheel. Pretty impressive.
image-839310737.jpg

Unread 10-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

I also dont know of any 15" wheels that will work with the DL flip. When you do the flip you will need a new Drag Link and a new DL will have a heavier and bigger end link. My Synergy DL jas about 1/2" of room and im running 16" wheels (also with Reids).
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick
I also dont know of any 15" wheels that will work with the DL flip. When you do the flip you will need a new Drag Link and a new DL will have a heavier and bigger end link. My Synergy DL jas about 1/2" of room and im running 16" wheels (also with Reids).
I suspect wheel spacers would add clearance to 15s?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

There is no reason not to upgrade the track bar. The stock one is complete garbage. Replacing it with a QUALITY track bar is probably the single best thing for handling/steering.

With raising the axle side bracket, you do need to flip the drag link. You can go cheap with a stock RHD drag link end (comes with AEV) or a quality one like synergy. 15" wheels probably won't clear unless spaced way out. And as spyder said, you need a 3" bump stop so the flipped drag link doesn't hit the frame.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The factory track bar is pretty sturdy. It might not have fancy joints or adjustability but how is he going to hurt it?

I think people get scared off by everything they are told they NEED when they really don't.

I wheel with a JK with a basic Teraflex 2.5 on factory shocks with extensions, factory track bars, 3.73 gears and 35" trail grapplers. His Jeep hangs just fine on the trails and gets him to work every day.
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I've seen people bend them hopping a curb.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510 View Post
The factory track bar is pretty sturdy. It might not have fancy joints or adjustability but how is he going to hurt it?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Seriously?! Do you even have a JK?
After only a few thousand miles on my new 2012 with 35s, the track bar flexed like a noodle. Not only the soft bushing on the axle side, but the track bar itself actually bent and flexed when turning the steering wheel on a smooth garage floor. You could see it plain as day. The thing would barely drive a straight line as it flexed and shifted the axle around. Replacing it was the single best upgrade for me steering wise, and I replaced everything up front.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I find it hard to believe that the bar was flexing but if you say so I'll take it. Just giving my experiences with them. Maybe you wheel harder than us.

Not trying to be hostile, seriously. Just haven't seen an issue.

Here's the described Jeep.
image-2319225306.jpg

Unread 10-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
There is no reason not to upgrade the track bar. The stock one is complete garbage. Replacing it with a QUALITY track bar is probably the single best thing for handling/steering.

With raising the axle side bracket, you do need to flip the drag link. You can go cheap with a stock RHD drag link end (comes with AEV) or a quality one like synergy. 15" wheels probably won't clear unless spaced way out. And as spyder said, you need a 3" bump stop so the flipped drag link doesn't hit the frame.
Or i can go with the raised bracket on artecs truss kit. Whats complwtw garbagw about thw stock trackbar?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.