High beam wiring location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > High beam wiring location

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Diesel0312

High beam wiring location

Where's the easiest place to find the wire going to the high beams?

I'm getting ready to install some off road lights in a couple of days and want to splice into the high beams. I haven't seen a wiring diagram, so I'm unsure of where the easiest place to find the wire would be?

Mods: Windshield mounted Hella FF1000 driving lights, Rugged Ridge front grab handles, CLC rear grab handles, Teraflex 2.5" BB, Quadratec boor handle covers, Bestop spare cover, Custom front bumper, 17X9 Pro Comp 1079's, 305/17/R17 Buckshot Mudders.
In the works: Custom rear bumper.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel0312
Where's the easiest place to find the wire going to the high beams?

I'm getting ready to install some off road lights in a couple of days and want to splice into the high beams. I haven't seen a wiring diagram, so I'm unsure of where the easiest place to find the wire would be?
Back of the head light
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
terrylewis

Off road lights

I just installed a set of Mopar window brackets and lights on a JK. It was not to bad a job. The instructions kind of suck. There is no text only pictures and they even had the wrong picture for the different leads. One showed 3 and it really only had 2 wires and the other showed 2 wires and it had 3. I ha to take it out and re-run them. You have to take the grill off to get to the headlight. That was the easy part. You have to remove the light bulb and be carefull not to touch it. Instead of cutting the wire and twisting all 3 ends together like the instructions showed I just striped the insulation off the wire and wraped the new one around it and then soldered it. I used a liquid black tape that I had got for wiring to make it water proof. It took a little bit to get the dash apart to install and wire the switch. You have to drill a hole in the dash for the switch and there is not much room behind the dash to tighten the nut on the back of the swich. I ended up putting a dot of super glue around the edge of the back of the switch to hold it tightly to the dash so it would not move around.

Also with this installation you can only use the lights with the high beams. Seems kind of weired to me that they would care how you use the lights. Oh well. . . good luck. It took me a few hours (4 or 5) to finish the job.
terrylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
Diesel0312

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylewis
I just installed a set of Mopar window brackets and lights on a JK. It was not to bad a job. The instructions kind of suck. There is no text only pictures and they even had the wrong picture for the different leads. One showed 3 and it really only had 2 wires and the other showed 2 wires and it had 3. I ha to take it out and re-run them. You have to take the grill off to get to the headlight. That was the easy part. You have to remove the light bulb and be carefull not to touch it. Instead of cutting the wire and twisting all 3 ends together like the instructions showed I just striped the insulation off the wire and wraped the new one around it and then soldered it. I used a liquid black tape that I had got for wiring to make it water proof. It took a little bit to get the dash apart to install and wire the switch. You have to drill a hole in the dash for the switch and there is not much room behind the dash to tighten the nut on the back of the swich. I ended up putting a dot of super glue around the edge of the back of the switch to hold it tightly to the dash so it would not move around.

Also with this installation you can only use the lights with the high beams. Seems kind of weired to me that they would care how you use the lights. Oh well. . . good luck. It took me a few hours (4 or 5) to finish the job.
Are the instructions online anywhere?

I bought a set of the warrior brackets for $30, a switch for $5, a relay for $4, and the lights were given to me by a friend. So I don't have instructions for anything, except a basic wiring diagram another friend made for me.
Mods: Windshield mounted Hella FF1000 driving lights, Rugged Ridge front grab handles, CLC rear grab handles, Teraflex 2.5" BB, Quadratec boor handle covers, Bestop spare cover, Custom front bumper, 17X9 Pro Comp 1079's, 305/17/R17 Buckshot Mudders.
In the works: Custom rear bumper.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.