Hi-Lift Mounting suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Hi-Lift Mounting suggestions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #1
scdickens

Hi-Lift Mounting suggestions

I have replaced my trusty YJ with a 2013 JK. On my YJ I mounted my HiLift jack on the front bumper where it soon dropped the lift handle on a random road never to be seen again. What remained, soon rusted. My recent lift now requires the need of the Hi-Lift Jack. The dilemma now is where to mount it?? Quadatec sells a Sport Cage Jack Mount that attaches to the rear roll cage. Seems like a good option, but looks like it might get in the way of a soft top going up and down. Does anyone have this product? Your thoughts?? Stock bumper still so...... options???? http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_9001.htm

scdickens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #2
79cj7amc304auto
2013 JK Wrangler 

Those will interfere with a softop so... Just don't do the hood mount. That seems like the WORST place for it, aside from being unsecured in the rear.
79cj7amc304auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Google mounting for the JK hi lift mount and you’ll find several ways to do it. Tailgate hinges are just one of the ways.

Dash mount for 2011-2015 JK’s
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #4
Punisher80
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have mine underneath the rear seat, out of the way and it won't rust there...
Punisher80 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #5
rocks4x4
2012 JK Wrangler 

mine is bolted to the backside of my top roll bar. secure and out of the way
rocks4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #6
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine's in a "JackCase" secured behind the front seats-

Safe/secure, can be stored muddy/dirty/wet and not affect anything else !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #7
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Originally, I used a couple of U-bolts (electrical conduit U-bolts found in Home Depot) to secure across the rear roll cage bars behind the rear seat. It did not interfere with the soft top when the top was folded down. And my Hi-Lift is the long one (60").
Look for these in the electrical aisle of Home Depot (about $3/each; Home Depot SKU # 118128):

Now I have it bolted outside to a Poison Spyder Hi-Lift mount across the spare tire carrier on my Poison Spyder spare tire carrier.
As in this pic:

P.S. I am in Carrollton (45 minutes NW of Newnan). PM me if you want to ride with the Georgia Crawlers. We have members in Newnan!
Political Correctness offends me.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #8
ScotiaTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher80
I have mine underneath the rear seat, out of the way and it won't rust there...
Ditto on this, while I had carpet I couldn't even hear it, since I removed my carpet i just wrapped it in a large beach towel to keep the katskins clean. Also fold up my bag for the freedom panels and stuff it under the middle seat keeping it nice and snug also

2013 JKUR Commando Green, (Daily Driver)
1998 Cherokee sport, future Project
ScotiaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.