hi lift jacking pts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > hi lift jacking pts

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

hi lift jacking pts

go on flame me for being a dangerous newb but my j10 came with a "bumper" jack, the bumpers has slots for it to fit into and the whole body was strong enough to jack directly from even the wheel wells not so the jk, where do you guys jack from, i'll start:

wheel thingy
rock rails

anyone use d rings?
will the curved bumper accessory work on a stock bumper (hi lift site says it works on plastic bumpers

dang vendors who don't answer phones, yea you hi lift....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
owtdorz
2009 JK Wrangler 

I jack mine on the rock rails and even did it once on my d-rings on my front bumper.
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

On a stock JK the only real place to jack using a hi-lift would be the rock rails, provided your Jeep even came with them. You would wind up mangling the stock plastic front and rear bumpers if you tried jacking from them. I'm not sure about that 'curved bumper' accessory though, sorry.
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

correction curved bumper thingy only for steel.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Definitely one of the drawbacks about all the plastic on the JK's.
Unread 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

The stock JK has two HiLift spots on the front-stock- bumper and two on the rear stock bumper

The stock "Rock Rails" are too close to the body for HiLift use

After mkt bumpers and "Sliders" are the best bet

The stock jack should be placed under lower control arm brackets for individual tire use, or lower shock mount !!

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

jimbo I see bolt holes(?) on the metal box bar under the rear and thought about that, can you be more specific about he stock pts front and rear. Obviously near the fame on front but I don't see it. thanks also for the info on the scissor jack I thought the top looked worng for direct placement on the axle as it lacks a cradle! Guess I should read my manual.

Unread 06-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
The stock JK has two HiLift spots on the front-stock- bumper and two on the rear stock bumper
That's the first I've heard about those. When I had my stock bumpers I didn't even bother trying to use the HiLift on them, primarily because they looked too flimsy to jack from without damaging and also most people on the forums didn't recommend it.
Unread 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

A good idea is to always carry a short (6/8" piece of old scrap (??) 4x4 wood to use as a spacer on the bumpers, from the jack to where the frame ends at the bumper or just to put on top the stock jack, to help eliminate slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
jimbo I see bolt holes(?) on the metal box bar under the rear and thought about that, can you be more specific about he stock pts front and rear. Obviously near the fame on front but I don't see it. thanks also for the info on the scissor jack I thought the top looked worng for direct placement on the axle as it lacks a cradle! Guess I should read my manual.
The lower control arm (LCA)brackets and the lower shock mounting brackets are strong enough for single point use, you never want to put a jack-DIRECTLY-on either axle tube, they are pretty strong, but you never know !!

If you have stock rock rails, then the sissor jack will work on either end-using the 4x4 piece as a spacer--as long as your JK isn't lifted, but still better under the LCA !!

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.