hey post pics of your 4 door with 33s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > hey post pics of your 4 door with 33s

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 08-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #16
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMETIME View Post
Go with the thickness. Nothing looks worse on a Jeep than pizza cutters.
Actually I choose pIzza Cutters to better resemble the old Willy's jeep.

muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
08XUnlimited
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the posts fellas, those are some nice rigs.
08XUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #18
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

With 3 inches of lift why not just go with 35's? Trying to save money? Or is 33 just as big as you wanna go?

Fill out your profile a little more so we can see your goodies
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #19
08XUnlimited
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have heard that I would have to change out my gearing to put 35's on it and I have also heard I will lose gas mileage and it is my DD I have thought about going with a 285/75, 33.83 diameter or 305/70 33.81 diameter 12" wide. That would put me around 34's. I also ordered 1" spacers for the front so that will put me at 4 inches up front, am I going to run into any sort of drive shaft or stearing linkage issue?
08XUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #20
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I dunno because your profile is not filled out all the way... WHat gears do you have? What tranny?
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #21
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttytruckster View Post
Actually I choose pIzza Cutters to better resemble the old Willy's jeep.
NOT ON A 4 DOOR! a JK has 7 things in common with a willys, and thats the grill slots, everything else, cheap imitation. Please Please if you choose to honor the willys and make your JK in its image, flat OD green paint, not that candy apple crap and a big star on the hood.

if its what you want than jeep on Im just trying to point you in a direction you will appreciate me for later..
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #22
08XUnlimited
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 View Post
I dunno because your profile is not filled out all the way... WHat gears do you have? What tranny?
Sad thing is, I have no idea, I bought it used from the dealership, and the morons there didn't even know it had a lift, I figured that out myself be looking at it and then researching stuff. So as far as I know everything is stock 08 Unlimited.
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGRUNT0331 View Post
NOT ON A 4 DOOR! a JK has 7 things in common with a willys, and thats the grill slots, everything else, cheap imitation. Please Please if you choose to honor the willys and make your JK in its image, flat OD green paint, not that candy apple crap and a big star on the hood.

if its what you want than jeep on Im just trying to point you in a direction you will appreciate me for later..
Thanks for your usefull... I mean useless, post...
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #24
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XUnlimited View Post
Sad thing is, I have no idea, I bought it used from the dealership, and the morons there didn't even know it had a lift, I figured that out myself be looking at it and then researching stuff. So as far as I know everything is stock 08 Unlimited.
Ok, lets start easy... Is it stick or auto?
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #25
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Pizza cutters will get you just as far off road around here as a 12.50+ wide tire, while saving considerable fuel in the process. Not to mention the highway drive quality benefits with the scrub radius and offset being in a more normal range.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

I really dont mean to contradict you but more weight over a smaller area does not work in mud or sand, plus I was referring to the fact that he chose a small width tire to "resemble the old willys Jeep" which I thought of as out of the ordinary considering he has a 4 door rescue green jeep.. ill leave now
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #27
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'll have to admire your train of thought, concerning the narrow tall tires--

They are more beneficial, for mileage and rough territory, but

When it comes to shale/mud/snow/sand, I'm afraid they're kind of insufficient, but you will decide for your style of driving !!

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #28
08XUnlimited
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
I'll have to admire your train of thought, concerning the narrow tall tires--

They are more beneficial, for mileage and rough territory, but

When it comes to shale/mud/snow/sand, I'm afraid they're kind of insufficient, but you will decide for your style of driving !!

JIMBO
So I am planning on running a 285/75r17 which puts them a little over an inch wider than the 255/75r17's I have now. I don't want to run 35's, and 305/70r17's I am afraid won't mount up to my stock carrier.
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #29
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I really dont mean to contradict you but more weight over a smaller area does not work in mud or sand, plus I was referring to the fact that he chose a small width tire to "resemble the old willys Jeep" which I thought of as out of the ordinary considering he has a 4 door rescue green jeep.. ill leave now
Thank you
Unread 08-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #30
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I find it funny that I choose to share what I like and then I get some A**hole who dogmatically tells me its all wrong. Well I will tell you what, I PAID FOR THE JEEP IN CASH!!!! NO Finance and I do whatever the F*** I want to it, no I certainly won't thank you for it later. I swear sometimes people need to listen to their mothers and just drive the damn Suburban they gave you(Thanks Mom). Thanks for you service in IRaq but you are not the holy grale of what goes and what does go on Jeeps. I could talk trash about your TJ, but where the Heel does that get anyone. Learn to shut your mouth from now on.
muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 door with 33" tires , JK Wrangler , picture request , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.