Heres something to try - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Heres something to try

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
Vincewms

Heres something to try

So I was taking my hard top off yesterday and I had the stereo playing. I noticed that after one or two seconds when I unplugged the connector for the rear windshield wiper, the Mygigs sound would cut off (not the display lights) and it would come right back on but at a noticeably lower volume. Have any of you ever experienced this? If not would a few of you try it for me to see it does the same in your jeep?
This doesnít surprise me since all the other things going wrong on the Mygig yesterday evning and tonight (see post: deteriorating Mygig)

Factory Stuff: Everything you can get for it - the ashtray
Stock nomore products:
Bestop High rock Bumper with factory fogs custon fit.
2.5 teraflex BB lift and stocker tires and rimz for now
Vincewms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Denny2565
2012 JK Wrangler 

Doesn't surprise me. If I had it to do over again, I would skip the mygig and buy a good aftermarket system. The other night I went out to my jeep to get some stuff out from under that thing they call an armrest. When I turned on the interior light, this whirring sound started coming from the mygig. It sounded like the hard drive was spinning up. I turned off the interior light and the sound stopped. By the way, it did this without the key being in the ignition.
Denny2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
Splash_1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny2565
When I turned on the interior light, this whirring sound started coming from the mygig. It sounded like the hard drive was spinning up.
I don't think this is mygig-related. I don't have one, yet I get that whirring sound almost every time I get into the Jeep. I've read of others reporting it as well. It comes from someplace in the dash.
Splash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:59 AM   #4
Vincewms

Oh lord what next??

Stock nomore products:
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
Vincewms

Can someone else try to un plug the rear wiper plug while the music is playing to see if there volume goes down I am really curious.

Stock nomore products:
Unread 12-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
mgibson61611
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincewms
Can someone else try to un plug the rear wiper plug while the music is playing to see if there volume goes down I am really curious.
I'm not dimishing your problems, but why would you do this? As an aside, it's all networked, correct? Perhaps this activity glitches the network somehow? Maybe some code related to automatic volume control or something?

Best of luck!
mgibson61611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Vincewms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgibson61611
As an aside, it's all networked, correct?
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgibson61611
I'm not dimishing your problems, but why would you do this?
I guess I am really kind of intrigued and fascinated with this whole Mygig system. I wondered if mine was an isolated issue or if perhaps they programmed everyone's system to be quieter when the top is off to be less offensive to other people outside your vehicle.
Thatís where I was going with the Question. I think it is a logical software design and awesome if they had the foresight to design this in. Guess I will have to ask the HB guys who programmed it.

Stock nomore products:
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
ST8 Jeep

Mygig sound when disconnecting hardtop

You are not alone! I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago. The whole sound system is noticeably quieter with the hardtop unplugged. As soon as I re-installed and re-plugged my hardtop, the sound went right back up. I figured it was just me and since I plan to have the hardtop on all winter I didn't worry about. Nonetheless, I would also like to know what causes this and if it can be fixed, before I switch back to the softtop. I also have a Mygig, so I'm not sure if it is related to that or just the sound system in general.
ST8 Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Vincewms

Interesting. I will have to inquire about this the next time I contact Harmon Becker

Stock nomore products:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.