Here It Is... The 07 4 Door! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Here It Is... The 07 4 Door!

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-20-2006, 01:23 AM   #91
Sub

I'm kinda in the middle on it at this point. I will wait to see it in person before making a final decision, but I have no plans for a new car anytime soon so it doesn't affect me either way. As far as the TJ being alot different from a YJ I just don't see it. I had a 1990 YJ, and the only negative thought I had toward the TJ was the dash. Now I have a TJ and like the dash more than the YJ. Other than that and the round headlights my TJ seems exactly the same as my YJ (both had/have 4.0). I've only had the TJ for a month so maybe I'm missing something.

Unread 04-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #92
Matthew
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnconners
If it wasn't for the price tag, I'd buy it.
Jeep is walking a fine line recently. They make a rig for people to take off road and then price it as a luxury car. Most of their loyal base is going to start buying used Jeeps that yuppies get tired of after a year of bouncing around malls.

_=====,o00o,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
{o}_} {o}_}--o-}_}
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #93
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Jeep is walking a fine line recently. They make a rig for people to take off road and then price it as a luxury car. Most of their loyal base is going to start buying used Jeeps that yuppies get tired of after a year of bouncing around malls.
Everybody wins! DC, yuppies, and jeepies.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #94
Bishop Creek
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
LJ isn't an official model designation, it's just something that got coined by some website or 4x4 magazine, it got used a bunch early on and just kinda stuck. Unlimiteds are still TJ's, to DCX anyway. I imagine the same will be true for the new Unlimited -- it will simply be a JK, just like the SWB 2-dr model.
There is a little metal tag under the front bumper of my Unlimited (passenger side, just in front of the radiator) that says "LJ." Maybe that is where it came from.
Unread 04-24-2006, 08:52 AM   #95
Alpha Q Up

It looks a lot nicer in person. I think you guys will like it up close. Believe me, I saw one at the NY autoshow last friday. I thought it, including the green color, was pretty damn nice. However, there wasn't any information on the MSRP or anything yet though.
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #96
Fetter

eh.... I'd have to see it in person.
Unread 04-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #97
MoochsXJ
2007 WK 

Some of my JK pictures from the NY auto show. Like the people above said, it really doesn't look all that bad in person, I kinda like it.

Misc. Jeep stuff for sale/free
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664793
MoochsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #98
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiv
I guess the b-pillars eliminate the halfdoor option...
Think again! Here's some photos of it running half doors!
pdxbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #99
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

They will sell them w/ diesel outside the US, why not in the US?!?!?!?
pdxbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #100
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub
I'm kinda in the middle on it at this point. I will wait to see it in person before making a final decision, but I have no plans for a new car anytime soon so it doesn't affect me either way. As far as the TJ being alot different from a YJ I just don't see it. I had a 1990 YJ, and the only negative thought I had toward the TJ was the dash. Now I have a TJ and like the dash more than the YJ. Other than that and the round headlights my TJ seems exactly the same as my YJ (both had/have 4.0). I've only had the TJ for a month so maybe I'm missing something.

I would say so, your TJ has COIL springs and your YJ has/had LEAF springs. Even if you don't think there is a difference, there is. Also a stock TJ is a little higher than a YJ. On top of that the 4.0 was upgraded and by the end of its run it was putting out more power and got rid of the distibutor which is nice for deep crossings. Fact of the matter is the TJ is light years aways from the YJ in comfort and capability. The KJ might be that much better than a TJ but I haven't seen it yet. It still has coils and pretty much the same suspension set up, kind of what the YJ was to the CJ.
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #101
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

not to mention a vastly improved soft top.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #102
Texas TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
I would say so, your TJ has COIL springs and your YJ has/had LEAF springs. Even if you don't think there is a difference, there is. Also a stock TJ is a little higher than a YJ. On top of that the 4.0 was upgraded and by the end of its run it was putting out more power and got rid of the distibutor which is nice for deep crossings. Fact of the matter is the TJ is light years aways from the YJ in comfort and capability. The KJ might be that much better than a TJ but I haven't seen it yet. It still has coils and pretty much the same suspension set up, kind of what the YJ was to the CJ.

WHOA WHOA WHOA...

is that a typo, or are you seriously saying that the LIBERTY is better than the current WRANGLER

If it won't budge, get a bigger hammer, if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway.
Texas TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #103
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas TJ
WHOA WHOA WHOA...

is that a typo, or are you seriously saying that the LIBERTY is better than the current WRANGLER
Typo, but it serves a point, I meant JK but I think you knew that. If Jeep chose to name it so closely to the kj then maybe its a puss wagon too.
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:51 AM   #104
ixl4

The only Jeep that I would ever trade my TJ on would be the Gladiator. I love it.

This thing is just too damn long as far as wheelbase. You'd need at least 6" of lift and some 35s to get a close result, and with some 35s it'd look like the YJ, because of not enough space in the rear wheel wells.

2000 Sport Manual.
Mods: RE 3.5 / JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML / Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar / Dunlop Rover 33s Cragar 397 Soft Wheels / Winch / Nates4x4 Front Bumper & Rear w/ Tire Carrier / RE .75" Spacers / P.O.R.C. SYE / RE CV DS / Nth Degree Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms / SkyJacker Front and Rear Lower Arms
ixl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:53 AM   #105
Texas TJ

the new wrangler is IMHO better from the frame down and worse from the frame up.
by frame down i mean frame, suspension, driveshafts, elec diso swaybar, bigger tires, etc.,

but im still warmin up to the new body.

If it won't budge, get a bigger hammer, if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway.
Texas TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.