Here It Is... The 07 4 Door! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Here It Is... The 07 4 Door!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-16-2006, 11:03 AM   #76
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon17
I agree for the most part, I too think it resembles a Hummer a little bit. Especially the 4-door. The design itself I'm not too sure of. It's little things really, like why did they break with the traditional door latches? And I'm not crazy about the fenders (they look entirely plastic!) and the little round dinky light on them. I do like the turn signals on the grill, a nod to the classic CJ. The slightly slanted grill I can live with, and the bumper design is an improvement (if it is metal). I also like the integrated lights in the bumper. I'm not crazy about the tail lights, they look funky.
the got away from the backwards door paddles because they sucked to use. I don't know that I like the new handles (they should have stuck with the paddles, just put them going the right direction), but they've got to be better than the current ones.

The fenders ARE entirely plastic. I'm not big on that either, but eh, I can deal with it. They really should have aligned the turn signals with the inside of the headlights though, instead of the outside. I think that's the main reason the grille looks "off".

The bumpers, the exterior ends anyway, are plastic. Just look at the design, you think they could/would do all that in steel? What [new] vehicle on the road now-a-days has metal bumpers anymore? Other than pickups... XJ's had big plastic endcaps, and Grands have had plastic bumpers from the beginning. So what though? Most TJ's pull the plastic ends off their stock bumpers anyway, so do the same with a JK, or just get an aftermarket bumper. As long as the bumper isn't integrated into the body, I don't really care what they make it out of, because it probably wouldn't stay on the vehicle very long in the first place. I can't remember the last time I saw a TJ, that got wheeled, that still had a stock bumper, that wasn't a totally stock rig anyway...

'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #77
GwinnettXJ
Phish Phan

2001 XJ Cherokee 

FRIGGIN' GORGEOUS!

Did I miss where the projected price is going to be? Also, has anyone heard the price on the new Patriot?
GwinnettXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #78
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperJeep
FRIGGIN' GORGEOUS!

Did I miss where the projected price is going to be? Also, has anyone heard the price on the new Patriot?
I've heard the new Unlimited would base around $21K, but nothing 'official' has been released yet.

The Compass starts at $17,500'ish for a 4wd model, so I would imagine the Patriot would be about the same price, since they're basically the same car, just different sheet metal.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #79
ImSuck

im gonna have to say that im not happy with this one just because it looks like an h3 and hummers and jeeps dont get along with eachother so i dont like it.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #80
GwinnettXJ
Phish Phan

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I always thought Hummers looked like Jeeps. I don't understand how inanimate objects are able to get along or not get along with each other.
GwinnettXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #81
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperJeep
I always thought Hummers looked like Jeeps. I don't understand how inanimate objects are able to get along or not get along with each other.
Same here. Hummers were originally designed by the same folks that did Jeeps, hence the family resemblence.

edit: and TJ's look far more like a Hummer than the new JK does, at least from the front. The TJ has square turn signals mounted in its fenders, outboard of the headlights, just like a Hummer. The JK has round turn signals mounted in it's grille, just like a Jeep.

Unread 04-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #82
palmerfralick

Finally!

In 1997 Jeep showed the Dakar concept. Having 2 kids I knew my Jeep was on the horizon. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO! It was the slightly effeminate Liberty that was produced. So I bought a Land Cruiser. Best vehicle I have ever owned but still craved the American Jeep. Now only about 6 months away is the Jeep I have been waiting for
almost 10 years. Better late than never, and with the ride and safety improvements like high back buckets for all. The only other missing piece that would finish off this vehicle
for me is a 35 mpg diesel. But for now I gladly take it without. Thanks Jeep Finally.http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/photos/dakar.jpg
palmerfralick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #83
jcook793
Hi Mom

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any idea what the 2-letter designation will be? In '06 it's the TJ/LJ... is it now the JK/LK?
jcook793 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #84
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook793
Any idea what the 2-letter designation will be? In '06 it's the TJ/LJ... is it now the JK/LK?
LJ isn't an official model designation, it's just something that got coined by some website or 4x4 magazine, it got used a bunch early on and just kinda stuck. Unlimiteds are still TJ's, to DCX anyway. I imagine the same will be true for the new Unlimited -- it will simply be a JK, just like the SWB 2-dr model.

Shoot, lots of folks still think the new Wranglers are TK's, not JK's, because that was the model designation made up on some website when info was just starting to come out on the new '07 models. TK seemed logical at the time since it followed the same naming convention as the WJ/WK.

Unread 04-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #85
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

It looks nice. I like the color, but doubt that they will make that color because they unveil lots of the concepts in that color. Anyone think it will be trail worthy? It has grown on me. I kind of like the 4 door jeep as well as the 2 door. Hey has anyone seen them drive the 2 door through glass that was broken right before the jeep hit it to make it look like the jeep drove through?
Personally I drive through a lot of glass windows when i'm on the trail... haha
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #86
Sahara Matt
Sahara in Disguise

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I saw this at the NYC car show this past weekend. Just horrible is how I would describe it. Why would you take something so many people love and change it so much? Its just to different. Even the basic 2 door 07' wrangler looks to different. Kinda like a power wheel!

MY Poor mans paint job and herc, az- rockers, plus flush mount cirlce taillights

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/m...uliner-560064/
Sahara Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #87
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

The TJ is/was quite a bit different than the YJ... likewise with the YJ and CJ... in fact, I probably heard/read more complaining about the TJ when it came out than I had about the JK....

back in the summer of '96 all I ever heard was that the new TJ had a "minivan" dash and the whole interior looked like something out of a car, and how it had round springs ("real Jeeps have leafs"), and wtf was Jeep thinking putting those turn signals in the fenders anyway???

And now 10 years later it's the same thing all over again... the dash and interior looks too much like a car/minivan (I seriously laugh anytime I read that comment posted by someone with a TJ), they don't like the grille and fenders, it looks too much like a Hummer (...even though the front of a TJ is far more "Hummer" than that of the JK)...

Unread 04-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #88
Fourbycor
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Saw it at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab....my buddy walks up to the Jeep engineer and says "2 words....Volkswagon Thing". The engineer wouldn't talk to him anymore.

I think that with a lift and big tires it would look better...of course what doesn't?
'02 YellowTJ Sport, 5-speed, Custom 4-link/3-link, King Coilover's, GenRight stuff, 37" Nitto's on Raceline's, Tom Woods Shafts, ARB's, RCV Shafts, Reid Knuckles, 5.13's, PSC Hydro assist, Rock Hard Cage, Warn M8000, Teralow 4:1.
Proud member of the 2011 & 2012 Ultimate Adventure
Fourbycor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #89
red96jeep

looks good but they need to make it an inch or 2 two higher so its height is proportinal with i'ts height. now it looks like a dune racer lol. i'm likeing it though.
Rocky Mountain Edition Club member #4
project vehicle
new 2002 jetta 1.8t DD
red96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #90
johnconners

In my opinion, they made the interior a little too fancy to get wet when it rains with the top down, or to have mud fling inside it when wheeling. But, thats what a vacuum is for. If it wasn't for the price tag, I'd buy it.
31" BFGs on black Cragars, Dynomax Super Turbo, Tomken skids, Warn rock sliders, Front and Rear SYE & custom CV driveshafts, Optima [COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Top[/COLOR], Mopar roof-mounted tire carrier
johnconners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.