Here It Is... The 07 4 Door! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Here It Is... The 07 4 Door!

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #61
jessasfella
2013 JK Wrangler 

Standard Dana 44 on the 4-door, but optional 2WD?

OK, I'm sort of new to this (almost 2 years with my TJ), but what would be the point of having a 44 in a 2wd?

I like it though. It'll be a nice option to have if/when we have kids.

jessasfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #62
lugnuts_TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher836
I think someone just came up with a new aftermarket idea for the new wrangler!
flat fenders with built in cup holders...
[COLOR="Yellow"]Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #16[/COLOR]
1979 Trans Am
~~~ 6.6 liter, auto, Red/ black interior
lugnuts_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #63
smartshot
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrem04
I gotta say, I love the interior of the new Wranglers.

loved the way you could just wash out the floor
smartshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #64
LynchMOB

Hey look at it this way.... for all the new design haters, think of all the good deals you will find on 1 - 3 yr old like new Wranglers with low miles.

It could happen.
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=YellowGreen]Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #20[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Yellow][B]Yellow Jeep Club Member #314[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
LynchMOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #65
jeeps-r-us

ill stick with my TJ and YJ. The newer style just reminds me of a hummer. AND I HATE HUMMERS!!! but i suppose that's what the public wants these days. And of course this opinion is only based on pictures so far... this might change once seen in person.
jeeps-r-us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #66
Poseidon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps-r-us
ill stick with my TJ and YJ. The newer style just reminds me of a hummer. AND I HATE HUMMERS!!! but i suppose that's what the public wants these days. And of course this opinion is only based on pictures so far... this might change once seen in person.
I agree for the most part, I too think it resembles a Hummer a little bit. Especially the 4-door. The design itself I'm not too sure of. It's little things really, like why did they break with the traditional door latches? And I'm not crazy about the fenders (they look entirely plastic!) and the little round dinky light on them. I do like the turn signals on the grill, a nod to the classic CJ. The slightly slanted grill I can live with, and the bumper design is an improvement (if it is metal). I also like the integrated lights in the bumper. I'm not crazy about the tail lights, they look funky.
Unread 04-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #67
hyperse7en

i think its a pretty sharp jeep. of course it will need personal modds but i think it would do well. i think it would grow on most of you. it does resemble the gladiator a bit too much.........im an owner of a 66 gladiator, (sorry to hijack the thread) but does anyone else agree, that they should have made a modern style of the rhino grill, and make it actually resemble a gladiator?!! it almost sickens me, that they make a gladi, and dont do it right.........just my opinion
hyperse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #68
Roman68
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i love the new unlimited 07!! i will never part with my orange 2000 tj, but the 07 is sweet.....perfect for me and the family....wife, two kids, german shepherd.....I CANT WAIT!!!! i love the new design.....

now can we also see the Gladiator come to life also???

OIIIIIO
Roman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #69
Jmila1901

Well i think we have seen the last of the real trail rated jeeps. This thing looks wimpy, way to refined and too many electrical gadgets to make modding simple. looks to me like they tried to keep the wrangler look but totally refined the car for city slickers.
Jmila1901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #70
bobjp

Quote:
Well i think we have seen the last of the real trail rated jeeps. This thing looks wimpy, way to refined and too many electrical gadgets to make modding simple. looks to me like they tried to keep the wrangler look but totally refined the car for city slickers.
I don't understand why people think this. What is so much different? Electronic sway bar disconnects and hub disconnects are made for wheelers. What other "gadgets" are you talking about? And what's up with judging a book by it's cover? How does it look any wimpier than a TJ or YJ?
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #71
LynchMOB

I dont get what the problem is..... IF you dont like the new design, DONT BUY IT. Buy a gently used(pun intended) Wrangler that somebody traded in or is selling outright. GEEZ, its the best of both worlds... we all know that Jeeps tend to run forever. 2006 being the last model year that some folk like... you will have alot of options in used Jeeps to choose from. We planned on keeping our 2005 for a long time, and still do... but I like the new Unlimited, so if anything that may make us trade sooner????
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=YellowGreen]Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #20[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Yellow][B]Yellow Jeep Club Member #314[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
LynchMOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #72
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's my new jeep, 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubi, Steel Blue Metallic with a 4" lift:

http://www25.addr.com/~scottycc/randomimages/myrig
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #73
mpd8488

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartshot
loved the way you could just wash out the floor
I think you still can

From Jeep.com:

"Available YES Essentials cloth seats have an easy-care surface that repels and releases dirt and looks better longer. Removable the carpet allows you to hose it out if you get too carried away."

That grammar error was on the site in case you were wondering
mpd8488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #74
jackieonasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessasfella
Standard Dana 44 on the 4-door, but optional 2WD?

OK, I'm sort of new to this (almost 2 years with my TJ), but what would be the point of having a 44 in a 2wd?

I like it though. It'll be a nice option to have if/when we have kids.
hurmmmm maybe the same reason a dana 70 or a sterling 10.25 is in a 2wd 1 ton?

The thing is much heavier, and it needs a better axle.
jackieonasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #75
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmila1901
coming from a guy who has an XJ, something about that statement just seems really ironic to me...
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.