Help a WJ guy into his first JK! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help a WJ guy into his first JK!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
dougy147
2007 JK Wrangler 

Help a WJ guy into his first JK!

We're considering trading in the minivan for a 07 unlimited sahara in jeep green with 33k on the clock and a hard top.

I'm on my third GC but have 0 experience with JKs and Wranglers in general. It looks to be in pretty good shape overall. It looks like the door hinges might have been painted, but I saw another 07 on the lot that had rusty hinges so I didn't think much of it. Other than that I noticed the trans pan was rusty on the front but didn't look dented and some minor cosmetic things.

What should I be looking for? Anyone have any experience/thoughts on toting a couple munchkins around in the back all the time?

08 WK Laredo 4.7 (traded for tin can)
The Present
07 JK Unlimited Sahara
dougy147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
owenswj
2007 JK Wrangler 

I hope you like the JK! I sold my WJ for a JK, now I have a jeep payment though.(thats the only bad thing) I love my JK, way better than the old WJ. More room for the family and there is actually more room in the cargo area too. I just moved from Vegas to Mississippi and the Jeep did fine 1800 miles. You might see a decline in your gas mileage if you care about that. I dunno what you should look for. I suggest paying $50 to $100 dollars to have a reputable mechanic take a look/see. Its well worth the time and money to have someone look/listen/hook up and see if anything seems bad. Good luck with your new jeep.

PS. My munchkins love it too, so does my wife. I have to sneak off with it or I'm left with the civic.

Last edited by owenswj; 07-19-2010 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: add
owenswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
dougy147
2007 JK Wrangler 

The dealer let us take it home tonight and we're pretty much sold on it! We were riding around this afternoon with the front tops off and the kids in the back and everyone loved it. Luckily it will just replace the payment I had on the van, and I'll still have my WJ with no payment. Now I'll just have to decide JK or WJ in the morning! Since I have it home I brought it in the garage and have been in, out, under, everywhere and everything looks pretty good. My final debate I think is the extended warranty. It's about 1k but for what it covers i'm pretty sure i'll get my moneys worth out of it.
08 WK Laredo 4.7 (traded for tin can)
The Present
07 JK Unlimited Sahara
dougy147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
owenswj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeh, I went ahead and got the extended on mine. The factory warranty was up two months after purchase. It was worth it to me considering I had so many problems with my WJ.
owenswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.