Help on wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help on wheels

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
mdfears

Help on wheels

I have a 2013 JKU. Just bought 3" Teraflex suspension lift. It calls for atleast 4.5 backspacing for the wheels. I'm against spacers, and i love the original wheels but those quadratec stock styles are 4.75 backspacing. Does that .25" matter? If so where are cheaper places to buy not so "city driver" off road wheels ?

mdfears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the pro comp 7031 in 16x8 with 4.5 backspace. No fit issues at all.

If you're in the U.S than wheels shouldn't be hard to find at a reasonable price. Avoid all those tire rack and common sites. The seem to be more street or car related wheels.

Try the local classifieds or look on here in the for sale section. Lots of great deals. I got mine used but thy weren't mint for $600 less I would have paid in store.
image-3746096550.jpg   image-464550992.jpg   image-340478145.jpg  
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes, with that lift, you will either need to run wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with the 4.5"BS or less.

If there is anything we can do, please let us know. We have free mounting, balancing, and shipping on most of our wheel and tire packages!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfears View Post
I have a 2013 JKU. Just bought 3" Teraflex suspension lift. It calls for atleast 4.5 backspacing for the wheels. I'm against spacers, and i love the original wheels but those quadratec stock styles are 4.75 backspacing. Does that .25" matter? If so where are cheaper places to buy not so "city driver" off road wheels ?
I'm going to be unpopular and disagree with the others...

I ran 4.7" backspacing for 18 ish months (I bought them from Jason above...AEV Savegres) and the only rubbing was on the rear sway bar end link at full droop (when it was on the rack in the air, for instance). I ran 37x12.50x17 KM2s.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
mdfears

Thanks guys. Yea I'm going to have to go with another wheel. Krawloffroad, what is your we site?
mdfears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfears View Post
Thanks guys. Yea I'm going to have to go with another wheel. Krawloffroad, what is your we site?
www.krawloff-road.com should get you there. It's also in Jason's sig above.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys for all the support! When looking for wheels and tires, the best thing is to PM, or email me (Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com). Our site is still a huge work in progress. We have started to add some tires up there but not much and have not started the wheels section either. We can get just about anything and a lot of it is free mounting, balancing and shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post

I ran 4.7" backspacing for 18 ish months (I bought them from Jason above...AEV Savegres) and the only rubbing was on the rear sway bar end link at full droop (when it was on the rack in the air, for instance). I ran 37x12.50x17 KM2s.
Well, with his lift being a TeraFlex 3", you have to have the 4.5" or less BS. You were running the Rock Krawler at the time (I believe) and they have more forgivness on the backspacing.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #8
LoneWolf
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol

The AEV site lists the Savegre BS as 5.2. Threw me for a loop bc that seems pretty close to stock. Mol, how did you like your Savegres? Is the extra weight over the stockers noticeable? They're among the wheels I'm considering for that pie-in-the-sky day when I finally start my build.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-541288788.jpg  
Unread 06-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #9
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf

The AEV site lists the Savegre BS as 5.2. Threw me for a loop bc that seems pretty close to stock. Mol, how did you like your Savegres? Is the extra weight over the stockers noticeable? They're among the wheels I'm considering for that pie-in-the-sky day when I finally start my build.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I measured my AEV pintlers (same listed specs) at around 4.75" backspacing. My synergy high steer drag link and tie rod both state required 4.5" backspacing and there are no clearance issues with the AEV wheels.
Take it for what it is though. I have no idea where the potential interference is with the teraflex kit, but I know what my wheels measured at and that I haven't had any clearance issues with things that "require" 4.5" backspacing. YMMV
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Thanks guys for all the support! When looking for wheels and tires, the best thing is to PM, or email me (Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com). Our site is still a huge work in progress. We have started to add some tires up there but not much and have not started the wheels section either. We can get just about anything and a lot of it is free mounting, balancing and shipping!

Well, with his lift being a TeraFlex 3", you have to have the 4.5" or less BS. You were running the Rock Krawler at the time (I believe) and they have more forgivness on the backspacing.

-Jason
I don't support rock krawler...I have been running teraflex from day one, until switching to coilovers, and a 1 5/8" Currie tie rod and currie one ton ends (the biggest on the market).

Here's a fee pics from awhile back....its magic I guess

37x12.50 km2s on Savegres, 3" tera and next gen Currie tie rod

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.