JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Help on wheels (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/help-wheels-1537492/)

mdfears 06-17-2013 02:19 AM

Help on wheels

I have a 2013 JKU. Just bought 3" Teraflex suspension lift. It calls for atleast 4.5 backspacing for the wheels. I'm against spacers, and i love the original wheels but those quadratec stock styles are 4.75 backspacing. Does that .25" matter? If so where are cheaper places to buy not so "city driver" off road wheels ?

Wavedatya 06-17-2013 06:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have the pro comp 7031 in 16x8 with 4.5 backspace. No fit issues at all.

If you're in the U.S than wheels shouldn't be hard to find at a reasonable price. Avoid all those tire rack and common sites. The seem to be more street or car related wheels.

Try the local classifieds or look on here in the for sale section. Lots of great deals. I got mine used but thy weren't mint for $600 less I would have paid in store.

KrawlOff-Road 06-17-2013 02:04 PM

Yes, with that lift, you will either need to run wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with the 4.5"BS or less.

If there is anything we can do, please let us know. We have free mounting, balancing, and shipping on most of our wheel and tire packages!

-Jason

Mol 06-17-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfears (Post 15570748)
I have a 2013 JKU. Just bought 3" Teraflex suspension lift. It calls for atleast 4.5 backspacing for the wheels. I'm against spacers, and i love the original wheels but those quadratec stock styles are 4.75 backspacing. Does that .25" matter? If so where are cheaper places to buy not so "city driver" off road wheels ?

I'm going to be unpopular and disagree with the others...

I ran 4.7" backspacing for 18 ish months (I bought them from Jason above...AEV Savegres) and the only rubbing was on the rear sway bar end link at full droop (when it was on the rack in the air, for instance). I ran 37x12.50x17 KM2s.

mdfears 06-17-2013 11:19 PM

Thanks guys. Yea I'm going to have to go with another wheel. Krawloffroad, what is your we site?

bhoch 06-18-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfears (Post 15575158)
Thanks guys. Yea I'm going to have to go with another wheel. Krawloffroad, what is your we site?

www.krawloff-road.com should get you there. It's also in Jason's sig above.

KrawlOff-Road 06-18-2013 09:48 AM

Thanks guys for all the support! When looking for wheels and tires, the best thing is to PM, or email me (Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com). Our site is still a huge work in progress. We have started to add some tires up there but not much and have not started the wheels section either. We can get just about anything and a lot of it is free mounting, balancing and shipping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mol (Post 15573061)

I ran 4.7" backspacing for 18 ish months (I bought them from Jason above...AEV Savegres) and the only rubbing was on the rear sway bar end link at full droop (when it was on the rack in the air, for instance). I ran 37x12.50x17 KM2s.

Well, with his lift being a TeraFlex 3", you have to have the 4.5" or less BS. You were running the Rock Krawler at the time (I believe) and they have more forgivness on the backspacing.

-Jason

LoneWolf 06-20-2013 01:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mol

The AEV site lists the Savegre BS as 5.2. Threw me for a loop bc that seems pretty close to stock. Mol, how did you like your Savegres? Is the extra weight over the stockers noticeable? They're among the wheels I'm considering for that pie-in-the-sky day when I finally start my build.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

brianjw 06-20-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf

The AEV site lists the Savegre BS as 5.2. Threw me for a loop bc that seems pretty close to stock. Mol, how did you like your Savegres? Is the extra weight over the stockers noticeable? They're among the wheels I'm considering for that pie-in-the-sky day when I finally start my build.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

I measured my AEV pintlers (same listed specs) at around 4.75" backspacing. My synergy high steer drag link and tie rod both state required 4.5" backspacing and there are no clearance issues with the AEV wheels.
Take it for what it is though. I have no idea where the potential interference is with the teraflex kit, but I know what my wheels measured at and that I haven't had any clearance issues with things that "require" 4.5" backspacing. YMMV

Mol 06-20-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road (Post 15576238)
Thanks guys for all the support! When looking for wheels and tires, the best thing is to PM, or email me (Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com). Our site is still a huge work in progress. We have started to add some tires up there but not much and have not started the wheels section either. We can get just about anything and a lot of it is free mounting, balancing and shipping!

Well, with his lift being a TeraFlex 3", you have to have the 4.5" or less BS. You were running the Rock Krawler at the time (I believe) and they have more forgivness on the backspacing.

-Jason

I don't support rock krawler...I have been running teraflex from day one, until switching to coilovers, and a 1 5/8" Currie tie rod and currie one ton ends (the biggest on the market).

Here's a fee pics from awhile back....its magic I guess :ghost:

37x12.50 km2s on Savegres, 3" tera and next gen Currie tie rod

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...20JKUR/047.jpg
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...R/IMAG0826.jpg
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...R/IMAG0821.jpg

The time now is 06:09 AM.