Help! Submerged, Can I start it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help! Submerged, Can I start it?

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 04-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrousmac View Post
Simple,

1) Pull out Spark Plugs
2) Crank the Motor over a few times, this will flush out any water in the cylinders.
3) Spray some starter fluid down the spark plug holes into the cylinders
4) Dry off the spark Plugs
5)Put spark plugs back and and start her up
6) Change all your fluids, Oil, transfer Case, Transmission, Diff

Good to go!

I completely submerged my vehicle and Hydro locked it, Did the above and she is still running like a champ. Granted, anytime you hydrolock a motor, there is some potential for engine damage because water does not compress.

Hope this helps
Looks like you should have either waited for the snow speeders or the imperial walkers to help you out in these pics.

SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

so what ever happened to this guy? I would like to have seen pics of this. Bet he tries to give it to the dealer. Ya i left in water over night....
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #18
Monstrousmac
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
Looks like you should have either waited for the snow speeders or the imperial walkers to help you out in these pics.
They did not run as well as a Jeep in the cold.
2010 Jeep Islander
Monstrousmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #19
FreedomJKU
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the help guys. I eventually got it out and started it up fine. I included a picture in the same mud hole from before I got it stuck really bad. I threw in a picture of my buddy getting his TJ stuck in the same hole, driving in the opposite direction as well. He got out from my buddy's JK and some tow straps.
resizedimage_1370116614958.jpg   resizedimage_1370116657084.jpg  
FreedomJKU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

^ Glad to see that you and your Jeep made it out. Having to leave a rig to get more assistance can be difficult. That being said, you guys might have better luck with this little mud pit if you were using mud terrain tires?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
ThatWhiteJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Winch.
Unread 06-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
Monstrousmac
1974 CJ5 

Heck that was just a puddle, and yes jeeps are better than snow speeders. The thing that was bad about that day was the weekend before my snorkel came in the mail, but I was too lazy to put it on. That will teach me for being lazy, the jeep gods where mad at me along with my wife.
dsc02588.jpg   dsc02591.jpg  
2010 Jeep Islander
Monstrousmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
FreedomJKU
2013 JK Wrangler 

Honestly it looks like a wimpy puddle but the ruts I got stuck in were made by 44s. Only sportimg 32s with no lift, bottoming out the way I did was inevitable. That hole was in Charleston, SC but I'm moved to upstate NY now and I'm enjoying the trailriding scene up here much better.
FreedomJKU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.