Help at stealership now - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help at stealership now

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
JohnnyWhitehead
2011 JK Wrangler 

Help at stealership now

Looking at a 2011 Rubi. Steering wheel only turns 1 1/4 turn to left but 1 3/4 turns to right. I noticed this because it would make a sharp right turn but couldn't turn around to the left on a football field. There is a fox steering dampener on the front, could it be the culprit? It is fully extended on the left turn. Not fully compressed on the sharper right turn.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 04-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

An improperly installed steering damper can indeed limit steering travel in one direction.
Can you disconnect it and see if steering travel improves?
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yup sounds like the problem. Whoever installed it (SS) probably just eyeballed it instead of marking the center. Easy fix but have them do it if you buy (before) the Jeep.
Unread 04-19-2014, 06:23 AM   #4
JohnnyWhitehead
2011 JK Wrangler 

That's exactly what it was. I convinced them to know another $150 off the price (price of new mopar stabilizer) then had the mechanic adjust it and works great and turn evenly now. Still got the additional $150 off.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.