Help with my new wheels.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help with my new wheels..

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

Help with my new wheels..

Hello I installed this set of MB wheels with 33-12.5-15 Duratracs. Lately when I slow down and make a sharp turn left or right my brakes pedal vibrate like if the ABS was turning on. I assume that it has to do with the bigger tires Any ideas what this is and what do I do?
Thanks

bombero69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry I tried to attach photo but is too big. Wheels are MB Chaos 15*8 with 3.74 backspace and 19 mm offset. Tires are Duratracs 33*12.5*15
Thanks again
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Tire size should not cause the ABS to activate. I have 37's on 17" wheels and the ABS activates only after my butt has sucked up the seat cushion, not from simply turning.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Whats your setup? Are you running an aftermarket front bumper? i had this happen once on a freeway exit ramp that had a sharp left. Most agreed it was ABS. Which I agree. I was traveling 30mph or so on a downhill turn. Hasn't happened since then.
My jeep is very nose heavy and that contributed, I believe, to alot of brake dive going downhill. If you are flat when braking and turning and getting an ABS shudder, you might want to check your steering and suspension components.
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Unless what your feeling is more of a shuddering and that's what you think feels like abs. Since your only on the brake when turning that might be why you feel it in your brakes. For some reason the tire could be rubbing against something?
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

The abs light doesn't turn on but it feels like when you slide on ice and pedal vibrated slightly.
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

If the ABs light does not come on, then I doubt it is the ABS activating.

Fitting 15" wheels on a JK presents some problems.
Namely that the brake calipers may have to be shaved with a grinder (Dremel Tool).
Maybe you should look at the clearance between the wheels and the brake calipers? Put some chalk on the edges of the calipers and then drive it. See if they are rubbing.
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Your wheel shuddering problem

I may have found a solution to what you think is the ABS activating.
Replied to your thread, then searched and found this article to back up what I was trying to tell you: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31104 Look at post #3, the one with the pictures.

You may want to see if the outer edges are rubbing against the 15" wheels. The wheels may be almost too small in diameter to fit around the JK calipers. A little shaving will solve this.

I hope this helps!
Unread 10-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

Now my ESC light came on!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.