Help with my new Rubicon - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help with my new Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #31
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley View Post
I completely disagree with this. If a lift doesn't increase articulation that why do people lift there vehicles, and why do people get MORE flex out of a lifted vehicle that with a none lifted vehicle. In that case, why do C/O offer more suspension travel than a stock suspension set up does. Your statement is not true.
As stated above, its the shocks that are your limiting agent. A lift comes with longer shocks which allow the wheel to droop farther. If you put a lift on and keep the shocks stock it won't flex out any farther than it did stock. Your argument is wrong, he was right.

08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #32
captain58

Will putting a cold air intake on a 2013 rubicon actually do anything for me? Is it worth it?
captain58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #33
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58
Will putting a cold air intake on a 2013 rubicon actually do anything for me? Is it worth it?
It will make more noise, that is all. Not a very good noise at that. How much is noise worth to you?
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
captain58

I don't really care about noise a whole lot. What kind of noise do you mean? I know it's hard to describe a noise. Kind of like telling someone what a banana tastes like. So no real performance gains?
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #35
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

It is basicly a worthless mod, however there are those that will tell you how much more performance they get from them just so they can justify doing it.
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #36
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's what they call a wall of text all right. My eyes glazed over pretty quick
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #37
captain58

I'll probably leave it out then.

I'm also looking for a roof rack for a rooftop tent. I've looked all over the place and I can't find one that suits me. I need one that will hold the tent and 2-4 people. I would really like to find one that's easily removable and that preferably doesn't require drilling. I'll only be using the rack for the tent and maybe a few other items and I don't want to drive around with a rack on my jeep for the other 90% of the time. I can deal with having to take an hour or so to put it on and remove it. That's not a problem. I just really don't want to drill into my brand new jeep just so I can have a rooftop tent.

Please help. Also, since I've found that some racks mount to bumpers, I have the aev front and rear bumpers.

Thanks.
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #38
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

nice short story. i needed a cup of coffee for that one. kudos on all that typing.

for rooftop tents, check out some of the stuff maggiolina make. nice stuff and very durable.
http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/ma...aAirlander.php
Unread 11-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #39
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

wild boar make roof tents, I have not come across any others, but never really searched for one.
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #40
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA2GO View Post
Your post is longer than my attention span. Sorry I can't help. I got to the part where you bought a 2013. Congratulations on that.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #41
BigNunz6
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley View Post
x2
x3 + search button
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #42
Spaschal
2007 JK Wrangler 

By S/C he meant Supercharger. The best thing to do is research on your own. With your 11k budget (yes I read your post unlike most of the people responding) you have an almost infinate number of options. 3.5" lift with 35's... good way to go. I have 4" with my 35's and love it. Super capable. With the amount of DD (Daily Driving) it sounds like you will be doing, don't go with something made for hard core rock crawling or desert racing. There are a lot of lifts out there that combine off road capability and on-road ride quality. Invest in upgraded steering componenets (currie tie-rod, drag-link pitmon arm etc...) this will help ensure you maintain quality drivability on the road with larger tires. As for bumbers, lights etc... that is all about what you think looks good. Many people complain about the stock head lights once you get your jeep up in the air so you may want to look into upgrading. Find a shop you trust and lean on their expertise. Most importantly, make sure the people installing your equipment are 100% capable. A new lift as well as stock steering and suspension components can be ruined by improper install.

Good luck... I wish I had your problem...
Spaschal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
help needed , lift , parts , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.