Help me out please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help me out please

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
JeepFlow69

Help me out please

Looking for a proper lift for my 2dr JK. I want to be able to fit 35x12.50r15. Iwas looking at a TeraFlex 3" lift kit (http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...arms-1711.html) but a lot of people are telling me the 2.5" budget boost with flat flares would even work fine. I'm just worried about rubbing and also i am replacing the front bumper with a stubby winch bumper (http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-...mper-1054.html) and adding a 9500lbs winch and there will also be a spare on the back so try and keep in mind the extra weight. Jeep is mostly used for everyday use but it loves to go mudding on the weekends (no crawling). I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me a hand, thanks.

JeepFlow69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
06bluebeast
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have no experience with that particular kit, but based on what i have seen, that is a perfect kit for a 35 if you are set on teraflex.

Keep in mind you will need new wheels or spacers and a new adjustable front track bar.

At that lift height you will need exhaust spacers, new y pipe, or front driveshaft if you have a 12+.

Maybe some others will chime in, but based on your previous posts, you have all the information you need.
06bluebeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
JeepFlow69

I'm not really expecting you to know but when it's all said and done about how much money am I looking at with labor and other parts i may need and stuff
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
JeepFlow69

Also I'm open to new lifts if you have a recommendation
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

You can easily clear 35's with a 2.5" lift and a budget boost is a good way to go if you don't have the budget for a full lift. If I were you I would stay away from 3" unless you are ready to invest in some control arms, trackbar etc...At 2.5" you don't need that stuff. Here is my 2 door with about 3.5" of lift and 35's. Plenty of room for 37's. Just note ate that height I DO have, a front trackbar and rear trackbar tower, control arms (front lower and rear upper) and aftermarket driveshafts.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh and you will want an aftermarket tire carrier to hold that 35" spare.

-Dan
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
JeepFlow69

How is the budget boost? does it make any difference in handling/riding/offroading/roughness? And should i go with a 1" body too?
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Personally, I would go with a coil lift over the budget boot. The BB lifts reuse the stock coils and over time, they are not designed to hold all the extra weight. Most of the time you will get some sagging and will be right back at looking at lifts... I say do it right the first time.

Now, TeraFlex is a great option. For 35's, I would stick more to the 2.5" line:
http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/tfjk25shocks.htm

That kit will come with everything you need except if your JK is a 2012+. If so, you will need one of these also by TeraFlex:
http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/tf-2610000.htm

Then, someone mentioned a carrier. Correct. The stock carrier wont hold the weight either. Over time, it can damage the hinges and the tailgate. TeraFlex makes a great option for this. That way, you would have TeraFlex all around!

http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/tf-4838150.htm

Oh course there is other options out there. If you have any questions, please let us know! We are more than happy to help...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
JeepFlow69

I've read almost nothing but good reviews on the budget boost especially for the price it doesn't seem like it can be beat. And with the shock extensions it works great according to the reviews
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFlow69 View Post
I've read almost nothing but good reviews on the budget boost especially for the price it doesn't seem like it can be beat. And with the shock extensions it works great according to the reviews
The budget boost retains factor springs so the ride is similar to stock. I would advise against the shock extensions though. I would rather have good shocks for a 2.5" lift. Even then you are still below $1000 with some Bilstein 5100 or something.

If you do have a high budget then Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel.

Buy from Jason though when you are ready. He is a good dude, great vendor and will cut you a deal.

-Dan

Tags
hard , jeep , lift , mud , mudding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.