Help me choose a lift! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help me choose a lift!

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 08-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
TTUJoe13
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclemach View Post
ok so ive been looking some more and found this in the quadratec book. Am i retarded or will this do me just fine for what i want(off road maybe 3 times a year! and wanting to run 33s or maybe 35s)

Rubicon Express RE7130RXJ - Rubicon Express 2" Spacer System with Mono Tube Shocks for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

If you're running 35's with the 2", there will be some killer rubbing anytime you turn the wheel.

I'm running a Rancho 4" Sport Lift with 35's and love it. Good price and includes springs, pitman arm, front/rear track bar brackets and front upper/lower link drop bracket assemblies. No rubbing with full left/right turns and it won't look like your 35's are stuffed up under your fenders.

TTUJoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

That will work just fine. Check into teraflex 2.5 budget boost. You could even run the kit with shock extensions if u wanted. Great ride quality.
Unread 08-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is the Teraflex 2.5 BB it would be perfect for you. And a good price...
JK Budget Boost | TeraFlex Suspensions
Unread 08-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #19
Musclemach

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie945 View Post
Here is the Teraflex 2.5 BB it would be perfect for you. And a good price...
JK Budget Boost | TeraFlex Suspensions
frankie945 you have been alot of help i appreciate you! You are probably correct this is all ill need, ive never been a huge fan of gaping fender wells in the first place i would think the 35s would fill the fender aot better with the 2.5 lift rather than a 3.5 or 4! Thanks alot friend!
Musclemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #20
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUJoe13 View Post
If you're running 35's with the 2", there will be some killer rubbing anytime you turn the wheel.

I'm running a Rancho 4" Sport Lift with 35's and love it. Good price and includes springs, pitman arm, front/rear track bar brackets and front upper/lower link drop bracket assemblies. No rubbing with full left/right turns and it won't look like your 35's are stuffed up under your fenders.

HUH??!? guess if anyone has rub issues with a 2" lift with 35" tires has truely no idea what they are doing in the first place.

a 2" lift will work fine even with 40" tires, bumpstops set-up correctly and some minor trim on the pinch seams. dont forget backspacing on the wheels. select the tire you want to run, then pick out the wheels with the correct backspacing. you wont have any rub issues at full stuff and full turn. if you do it right you wont need wheel spacers.

i run 39x14.50-17 Pitbull MadDog Bias-ply (well now 41.5x13.50-17 Pitbull Rocker Radials) on a Rock Krawler 5.5" lift. with Waler Evans 17x8.5 Wheels with 4.5" backspacing (3.5" backspacing now due to the rear coil-over set-up). I added RK's rear coil-overs in the Phase II build and had to get new wheels due to the Currie RockJock III D60 axles

it is set up to stay low and is around 3.5"-4" of lift from stock. if RK had the coil overs in their 2" lift then i would have gone thise route. i dont run bumpstops atm (waiting for RK to release their new hydro-bumps) but still i only had to trim the rear pinch seam just under a half inch removed. i only have 3" of up travel. the rest is down travel. after seeing some of the other Rock Krawler Comp 5.5 X-Factor Plus Coil-Over systems installed on other JKs, mine sits at least 2" lower than theirs. even with my larger tires (they all had 37" tires)

TexKev's Red JK has Rock Krawler 5.5 X-Factor Plus Coil-Over with 37" tires on the far left. My JK "CAIN" has Rock Krawler 5.5 X-Factor Plus Coil-Overs (Front and Rear) with 39" tires on the far right. You can see the height difference. RubiCajun's JK has a Rubicon Express 2: Budget Boost on 33" tires center.

all lifts are different. some move the axles around, some come with bumpstops while others come with adjustable bumpstops. a little research doesnt hurt, it should be done to find exactly the type of lift for what you will use your Jeep for.

if you plan on doing any wheeling with 35" tires and 5.13 gears, you will want to at a minimum sleeve and gusset your front D44 axle. generally we do not recommend 35" tires on the D30. it is doable but you will need to beef it up. axle tube sleeve and C-gussets are recommended. also it never hurts to go chromoly axle shafts or even RCV shafts.

a budget boost is just that, no real change to geometry, just a bit higher. suspension is a little more restricted due to the added angles on the stock control arms. if you plan to wheel it, i do not recommend a budget boost.

if you plan to wheel it, Rock Krawler does have a F'n sweet deal on their new 2" and 2.5" lifts. I recommend checking them out and tell them I sent you
cant beat their warranty and their parts are beefy. solid adjustible control arms, no tubes to bend. if you break any of the hard parts, it is replaced for free

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11

Last edited by Liquor; 08-06-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
TTUJoe13
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
HUH??!? guess if anyone has rub issues with a 2" lift with 35" tires has truely no idea what they are doing in the first place.
Oops sry, let me rephrase that! I'm assuming the OP doesn't have much knowledge of lifts, wheels, etc, so he wouldn't think to add wheel spacers, trim the pinch seam, etc., if necessary.

If you only add the 2" lift with 35" tires on stock wheels, there will be rubbing. Not knowing from personal experience, I pulled this from the "will it rub" sticky thread. This is assuming you add a 1 1/4" wheel spacer too......hope this clarifys what I was getting at.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...reads-1074059/

The JK with stock wheels, 1 1/4" wheel spacer, 2" lift

33" tires: no rubbing
35" tires: some rubbing
37" tires: don't try

BTW - Killer Jeep you got there! Looks sick
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
Musclemach

Ok went to the local shop the other day and the guy said a BDS 3" lift installed is 923.00. Ill prolly get me some wheel spacers and 35x12.50 nitto mud grapplers and run them on my stock 17s. Anyone object??
Unread 08-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #23
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sounds perfect
slimtim454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #24
Cod
2010 JK Wrangler 

AEV Can't be the road handling capabilities.

As far as gearing goes.. just wait and see how you like it. I run 35's with a 3.5 AEV lift and I won't be regearing, with that said I have a Rubi with 4.10's.

Good luck and enjoy it!

White Jeep Club #2109
2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #25
tsaylor1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

Make sure you post pics and let us know how you like it. I am learning so much from all of these posts.
tsaylor1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #26
Musclemach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaylor1979 View Post
Make sure you post pics and let us know how you like it. I am learning so much from all of these posts.
Will do its in the shop at the moment getting some body work done from the previous owners getting sideswiped. I forgot to mention that it has an salvage title due to insurance payoff. Its an 09 with 5k miles and other than the door fender and fender flare there isnt anything wrong with it! I had been looking for close to a year for another jeep and this one came up for 16k so i bought it!!!
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #27
RCJEEP
Vendor

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Be sure to check out our newest 3.5" kit. It was built from the ground up for ride quality, with new N2.0 shocks, OEM rubber bushings, spring based on OEM specs. It is also the most complete $499 kit on the market. It comes with a pair of front lower arms, so you can recenter your front wheels and correct caster.

Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Lift

And as always... if you dont like the kit you can send it back for a full 100% refund (within 60 days)
RCJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #28
Musclemach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEP View Post
Be sure to check out our newest 3.5" kit. It was built from the ground up for ride quality, with new N2.0 shocks, OEM rubber bushings, spring based on OEM specs. It is also the most complete $499 kit on the market. It comes with a pair of front lower arms, so you can recenter your front wheels and correct caster.

Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Lift

And as always... if you dont like the kit you can send it back for a full 100% refund (within 60 days)
HMM... interesting. What does everyone think about this kit?
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #29
TTUJoe13
1979 CJ7 

Hey might as well give it a try. You can always return it!
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #30
Musclemach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUJoe13 View Post
Hey might as well give it a try. You can always return it!
HAHA this is true!!

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift advice , lift kits , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.