Help. JK Soft top Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help. JK Soft top Leak

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
MCW94
2007 JK Wrangler 

Help. JK Soft top Leak

I am a noobie to Jeep Forum and this topic may have already been addressed, but my newly purchased 2007 2dr JK is leaking above the windows and driping directly on the window crank. Has anyone else had this problem, and are there any fixes?

MCW94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

very common leak. a new TSB is out for leaks. TSB 23-010-09
i have been having them off and on. going back in on the 13th to have them fixed. if you do a search you can read for hours on these leaks. there are some home fixes that have worked for some. everything from washers under the door frames to silly putty to a simple door adjustment. seems like not one fix works on all.

oh, and welcome!!

Last edited by victory red; 10-07-2009 at 08:44 AM..
victory red is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

My 07 also leaked, they gave me a brand new top. Just take it to the dealership to have them repair it.
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
hansonian
2004 LJ Wrangler 

take a look at this and see if you can pinpoint your leak,
http://worldofjeeps.com/downloads/JK..._Leaks_All.pdf

i've noticed if the header seal cup is folded under on mine it leaks right were you say yours does. i'd look at that before driving to the dealership

Last edited by hansonian; 10-06-2009 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: typo
hansonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
WKUJK

Same as ThomasMack, I got mine replaced today for free, it was covered under the warranty.
WKUJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #6
Orion73
2007 JK Wrangler 

My 07 leaks like the window's are open.At first it was the drivers side.Now its both.I woke up today to the sound of rain and thought I better put the kids in swim suits and swimmies for the ride to school.I opened the door and did not find the usual water.Only a few drips from when the door was opened.I am scratchin my head on this one.I did push/tuck the small piece of foam on the top just above the door handles back in under the top.It looked like it was getting squished out and not letting the door seal right.But who knows its probably just a fluke and my jeep is filling with water as I type this.

I have thought of adding a fish tank heater to the foot wells.If its going to be wet I might as well make use it to transform the jeep into a portable sauna.

Joe
Orion73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

seems like the 07 is the worse. everything else is perfect on mine. hope the dealer nails it on the 13th. i agree. if you have warranty get it in before it expires...
Unread 10-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

my 08 leaks water right about where you are saying. It's gotten to the point that when it rains hard i have a puddle on my driver side... pass. side isn't bad at all and i don't know why..

guess its off to the dealership asap
RogueStatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
keith09jk

When you got a new top from the dealership under warranty did they give you new windows to go with it? Mine is at the dealership right now
keith09jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
I have the same leak. I have soft upper doors though. Mine is at the dealership now getting fixed.......rofl. It has been in 5x for the leak and they cant get it fixed. But here is whats been done so far.

1. new header gaskets
2. new window gaskets
3. header plastic heated up and adjusted
4. brand new front upper doors
5. new gaskets for something else (cant remember)
6. latches that attach softtop to windshield adjusted
7. new header being installed as we speak.

My dealership is not giving up on it though. we just go through each fix and then wait until it rains. They water test it at the shop, but it isnt the same as when its sitting outside in the rain. We thought it was fixed several times...only to find out that it wasnt.

HA, dealership just called me while I was typing this and indicated that they just installed the new header. He mentioned something about the new header being made of steel instead of plastic.

we will see........fingers crossed.
Unread 11-10-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
njjeepman

Well my leaks all started out of warranty so dealer said I was SOL!!I have 4 inches of water last week in the jeep.I removed the carpet and pulled the plugs to drain.Now I'm goin to rhino line the inside and that's it.Obviously this is why Chyrsler couldn't make it!!It should have been recalled and taken care of.
njjeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #12
WKUJK

I didn't get new windows with mine, the top didn't fix the leak. I took it back in and they replaced the door seals. The rain has stopped coming in but the doors almost have to be slammed shut, which is ok I guess just a pain in the rear.
WKUJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

i have dealt with that on and off within a year. dealer did all tsb and foam kits. still leaked. then i did this repair a few weeks ago. so far dry.

soft top water fall fix? - Page 2 - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
RussK
2007 JK Wrangler 

are the dealers you guys are taking it to still fixing things free of charge if it isn't in warranty anymore. I had mine in at 18k and not since I now have 54k but still withing the 24 months from the first time.

just curious so I may decide to take mine in again. screw it if I have to pay for it.
RussK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #15
Treeslam
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would just sell the Jeep and get a Honda Civic or something like that.
09 GMC(work truck)
Treeslam is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.