Help installing lights firewall entry - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Help installing lights firewall entry

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
animal145

Help installing lights firewall entry

Hi y'all,

I'm installing two sets of kc lights and my plan is to have my switches on the pillar on the drivers side. I took a look and I don't know where to go through the firewall with the wires. I have a 2013 jkur with a manual transmission.

Thanks in advance

animal145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Check under the drivers side dash, pull the carpet back. there is a hole. It may have some foam you need to punch out, but its there.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
SteveBad
2011 JK Wrangler 

The jeep is one of the easiest vehicles for this......
In each upper corner of the firewall, (viewed from the engine bay) is a
large foam-filled pocket. Simply tape your wires to a straightened coathanger and poke it through.
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. What are you using for your switch mounts on the pillar, and are you using relays?
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
animal145

Ok I'll check that out. Any good videos on how to take the interior apart to get to that area without messing it up?
animal145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

No need to take the interior apart to poke wires thru the firewall.
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ss-148674.html
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

I dont know if the 2013 is same as 2008 but if it is, if you look under hood above and right of master cylinder is a hole with rubber plug in it. hole is about 1/2" to 3/4" and if you put a coat hanger down it you can easily feed wires through it. If you plan on adding future accessories, consider installing the SPOD system under your hood. It makes life easy. Comes with a 6 switch pod or 4 switch with compressor pod that installs above your rear view mirror. you only have to feed one wire through firewall. box mounts easily under hood, you just plug accessories into it. It has relays and fuses and wires directly to battery so you dont have a jungle of wires attached to battery or fuse box. can send pictures if interested
RIPP stage 2 SC, Teraflex 6" lift, 37x13.5x18 Toyo OC MT, American Racing artillary wheels, Teraflex monster control arm, Teraflex drag link flip kit, Currie control arms, EVO axle sleeves and gussets, Fox 2.0 shocks, Tom Woods drive shafts, Eaton E-lockers front and rear, G2 5:13 gears, Synergy suspension tie rod and ball joints, synergy suspension sway bar disconnects, RR XHD front bumper, RR muffler and evap cannister skid plate, Body armor rear bumper and tire carrier, Nemesis tub armor and billy rockers, Bushwacker flat fender flares, mastercraft baja seats with corbeau 3 point harness, Warn 8000 winch, rigid LED lights, sprint booster throttle response module, spec stage 2+ clutch
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.